DIRECTOR OF STUDIES
- Deadline: Sun 31 Oct 2021 00:00:00 UTC
- United Kingdom: Balham, London, SW129HW.
- Burlington School
- Experience: 3 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Details of Position
The principal responsibilities of the Director of Studies role are:
* to coordinate the teaching and assessment of adult and young learner groups
* to ensure the smooth running of the academic department of the school in accordance with agreed standards
* to conduct placement testing for new students
* to deal with student enquiries and problems
* to ensure student assessment and tutorials are carried out in accordance with agreed standards
* to teach up to 15 hours per week
* to complete administrative paperwork in line with legal and accreditation responsibilities
* to liaise with the Deputy Principal, marketing staff, group leaders, teachers and activity staff to ensure the smooth running of the school
* to assist the Deputy Principal with any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job
Skills and desirable experience:
* Strong communication and leadership skills
* Strong organisational skills
* Experience of working with adults and young learners
* Previous management experience in a year-round-accredited school
* Knowledge of British Council and other accreditation requirements
Burlington School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all stakeholders to share this commitment. All stakeholders must be aware of their responsibilities under legislation regarding Safeguarding, Health and Safety, and the Prevent Duty. Training will be provided in all these areas as part of the induction process.
As a member of the senior management team, the Director of Studies will also act as a Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL). The DSL must have training to the level Specialist Safeguarding Training for Designated Lead (formerly level 3). This will be organised by The School at the earliest possible stage of employment.
All applicants are required to undergo an enhanced DBS check, and to provide any relevant overseas police checks.
Please send a current CV and covering letter to George Barnbrooke, the MD via the link below, or by emailing.
Burlington School is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
Required: First Degree
Required: TEFL-Q (DELTA/DipTESOL)
Desirable: MA/MSc in TESOL or Applied Linguistics
Desirable: Current certification in First Aid, Safeguarding and Health & Safety
Salary and Benefits
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
Gain the freedom to work from home or travel the world while working by teaching English online or in the classroom.
120-Hour TEFL certificate course - 84% discount for Tefl.com members. Enroll Now!International Open Academy
Start a new career as an English teacher and teach anywhere in the world. Book your interview now!www.tefl-in-italy.com