NCS Team and Assistant Team Leaders
- United Kingdom: London.
- Twin Summer Centres
- Experience: NOT APPLICABLE
- Positions: 34
- Short Term/Summer job
Details of Position
Confirmed dates of delivery:
- Half-term in London and Poole: Sat 23rd - Thu 28th Oct, Sat 6th - Sun 7th and Sat 13th - Sun 14th Nov
- Term time in Croydon 8th Nov - 19th Nov
- School Support programme: Leyton 23rd Nov-25th Nov; Lambeth 9th, 16th, 22nd, 29th Nov and 6th Dec, Coulsdon between 12th Nov and 10th Dec
- Manage Teams of up to 16 young people and maintain high level of engagement
- Support and work closely with the Assistant Team Leader and Support Worker where suitable
- Ensure all Health and Safety and safeguarding principles are adhered to
- Effectively manage and resolve unacceptable behaviour and conduct
- Plan and deliver sessions either face-to-face or via virtual means (if necessary) with the support of your Assistant Team Leader.
- Plan and deliver sessions to your team of young people, either face-to-face or via virtual means (if necessary) and ensure young people are engaging in activities by adapting session plans to individuals with the support of your Assistant Team Leader
- Adhere to and actively ensure all policies and procedures are followed, and manage individuals who may not be following these, especially regarding safeguarding, consent, confidentiality, information sharing and data storage
- Manage any incidents as they occur, ensuring the safety of others and reporting all incidents to the Wave Leader, completing any necessary documentation
- Set and maintain appropriate professional boundaries with young people in your care, and maintain adequate levels of participant discipline
- Represent NCS goals and values effectively with stakeholders (such as partnering charities).
- Supervise participants during breaks, meal and free times
- Attend staff meetings and training events, and complete NCS online modules as required.
- Undertake all programme administration duties as required
- Any other duties as required by the role
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of this post
Skills and Experience
- Ability to see the big picture
- Flexible, enthusiastic and proactive approach to the job
- Confidence in delivering activities, workshops and reflection to Young People
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Good decision making ability
- Good time-management and organisation skills
- Committed to continuous personal and organisational development
- Creative and energetic
- Ability to work within a team and on your own initiative.
- Previous experience of working with young people, either in a voluntary/paid/family capacity
- Previous experience of NCS provision
- Experience and/or knowledge of online delivery
- A clean driving license and access to a vehicle (Dorset Only)
Twin is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the DBS, where appropriate.
We are dedicated to ensuring that all job applicants and members of staff are treated equally, without discrimination on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, or age.
Note: You have to be 18 years old after 1st June 2021 before you can apply to work on the NCS programme.
Salary and Benefits
Twin Summer Centres
More Company Information
More jobs from this recruiter
Click here to visit the Twin Summer Centres website
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
Gain the freedom to work from home or travel the world while working by teaching English online or in the classroom.
120-Hour TEFL certificate course - 84% discount for Tefl.com members. Enroll Now!International Open Academy
Start a new career as an English teacher and teach anywhere in the world. Book your interview now!www.tefl-in-italy.com