English Teacher - English Excel, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong: Hong Kong.
- English Excel
- Experience: NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Positions: 5
- Degree Required
- Planning and preparing lessons plans based upon student proficiency
- Teaching children in a small group environment
- Completing relevant administration.
Details of Position
Established in 2000, English Excel is a British owned group of extra-curricular English language learning centres located in Hong Kong. We deliver a high-quality English language learning environment for students aged 3 to 16 years. English Excel teachers enjoy a supportive and rewarding working environment which starts with a comprehensive induction programme. Our teachers have the opportunity to develop their teaching skills whilst experiencing living in wonderful, vibrant Hong Kong.
English Excel teachers are the key to providing students with an interactive and nurturing learning environment. At the heart of the English Excel student experience is our unique class size limit of just 4 students per class. Such small classes enable teachers to have plenty of one-to-one interaction and really get to know students; creating learning opportunities which aren't possible with larger classes. Having the benefit of small classes allows teachers to tailor lessons to the individual needs of students and place them into classes according to their English proficiency rather than their age.
Students are encouraged to speak only in English, ensuring learning is maximised and students reap the benefits of a fully immersive experience. As well as teaching English, teachers work on building students' confidence and fostering a love of English. Our lessons are developed to meet the individual needs and skill levels of our students as they progress. As a teacher at English Excel, you will be provided with a variety of resources divided into different skill areas, and whilst you will have all the guidance and support you need; you are also given autonomy to make decisions within a framework and develop lessons to ensure each student reaches their full potential. There is definitely no 'one size fits all' at English Excel.
Teachers are supported with the following:
- A comprehensive induction plan especially helpful to those who are new to teaching
- Lots of opportunities for training and professional development - come and develop your teaching career with us
- A supportive working environment with senior teachers/managers to mentor less experienced teachers
Experience of working with children in an instructional capacity is preferred.
If you are unsure your qualifications and experiences meet our requirements, send us your CV and if you are not quite there yet, we can advise on the next steps
Salary and Benefits
- Contract completion gratuity bonus
- Retirement Benefit
- Salary advance (if required)
- Work visa sponsorship
- Subsidised teacher accommodation in fully furnished apartments on Hong Kong Island (Quarry Bay area)
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- Opportunities for career advancement
- 14 days paid holiday and 17 days paid public holiday
- Supportive working environment
- Sponsored staff socials
- Airport pickup and transport to accommodation
TEFL Trinity CertTESOL Courses in Rome and Malaga Beach: 100% Online, Blended and Face-to-face courses.
SPECIAL OFFER: €999 if paid by 1st June. Sign up now!www.tefl-abroad.org/
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack