English Teacher - English Excel, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong: Hong Kong.
- English Excel
- Experience: NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Positions: 5
- Degree Required
- Planning and preparing lessons plans based upon student proficiency
- Teaching children in a small group environment
- Completing relevant administration Successful applicants will work in a supportive and rewarding environment as part of a small team in one of our centres in Hong Kong.
Details of Position
Established in 2000, English Excel is a British owned group of extra-curricular English language learning centres located in Hong Kong. Our focus is to deliver a high-quality English language learning environment for students aged 3 to 16 years. English Excel teachers enjoy a supportive and rewarding working environment which starts with a comprehensive induction programme. Our teachers have the opportunity to develop their teaching skills whilst experiencing living in wonderful, vibrant Hong Kong.
English Excel teachers are the key to providing students with an interactive and nurturing learning environment. At the heart of the English Excel student experience is our unique class size limit of just 4 students per class. Such small classes enable teachers to have plenty of one-to-one interaction and really get to know students, enabling teachers to offer learning opportunities which aren't possible with larger classes. Having the benefit of small classes allows teachers to tailor lessons to the individual needs of students and place them into classes according to their English proficiency rather than their age.
Throughout the duration of every lesson, students benefit from a fully immersive experience, ensuring learning is fully maximised by encouraging students to speak only in English. As well as teaching English, teachers work on building students' confidence and fostering a love of English. Our lessons are developed to meet the individual needs and skill levels of our students as they progress. As a teacher at English Excel, you will be provided with a variety of resources divided into different skill areas, and whilst you will have all the guidance and support you need; you are also given the autonomy to make decisions within a framework and develop lessons to ensure each student reaches their full potential. There is definitely no 'one size fits all' at English Excel.
The support we offer includes:
- A comprehensive induction plan which is ideal for both first time teachers and more experienced teachers.
- Lots of opportunities for training and professional development.
- We offer a supportive working environment with senior teachers/manager to mentor less experienced teachers.
Experience of working with children in an instructional capacity is preferred but not essential.
If you are unsure your qualifications and experiences meet our requirements, send us your CV and if you are not quite there yet, we can advise on the next steps.
Salary and Benefits
- Contract completion gratuity bonus
- Retirement Benefit
- Salary advance (if required)
- Work visa sponsorship
- Subsidised teacher accommodation on Hong Kong Island (Quarry Bay area)
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- Opportunities for career advancement
- 14 days paid holiday and 17 days paid public holiday
- Supportive working environment
- Sponsored staff socials
- Airport pickup and transport to accommodation
Gain the freedom to work from home or travel the world while working by teaching English online or in the classroom.
120-Hour TEFL certificate course - 84% discount for Tefl.com members. Enroll Now!International Open Academy
Start a new career as an English teacher and teach anywhere in the world. NOW ONLY €999!www.tefl-in-italy.com
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack