LEARNING MANAGER FOR SPEAK, MOLFETTA (PUGLIA)
- Deadline: Fri 10 Sep 2021 00:00:00 UTC
- Italy: Molfetta.
- Experience: 3 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
The role involves reviewing existing programme materials and playing a key role in the future direction and expansion of our curriculum. An essential element of the role involves a customer-focused and can-do approach.
Details of Position
Individual and corporate clients can study remotely through our online "Speak Society" programme or choose to join us on 4-day or 8-day residential English language programmes. We work closely with a number of corporate partners to create bespoke programmes for their staff. For teenage learners, we offer residential summer camps and are currently piloting a teens version of Speak Society.
The role spans two key areas:
Programme Development (around 50% of role)
- Develop our existing portfolio of courses for both corporate and individual clients;
- Work alongside Speak directors in developing new learning pathways;
- Curriculum and supplementary materials development for programmes of different lengths, using key course books as a base for longer programmes;
- Create materials for online lessons;
- Develop learner resources, teachers lesson notes and assessment tools;
- Contribute and develop ideas for Anglo-Learner Workshops;
- Assist in presenting the learning portfolio to and maintaining ongoing relationships with clients.
Teaching Client-Facing Sessions (around 50% of role)
- Deliver General English lessons for individuals and corporate groups.
- Level Testing and Needs Analyses.
- Participate in Speak Cultural Events which see Learners, Speak Programme Managers and Anglos come together for Cultural Workshops, quizzes etc.
The initial phase of the role will see a focus on General English materials. However, as Speak grows we anticipate a great need for more industry-specific programmes and for training and supporting new teachers in the delivery of General English programmes.
Like all Speak staff members, the Learning Manager should be flexible and willing to go the extra mile to deliver Learners a meaningful and memorable learning experience.
Requirements of the Role:
Be organised, punctual and communicative: The role requires a great deal of organisation, attention to detail and commitment. You will set goals and priorities with the rest of the Speak Team and share progress as projects unfold.
Create and deliver quality lessons/workshops: Our goal is to deliver highly enjoyable and valuable lessons and workshops which make learning English exciting and achievable.
Professionalism: The role means being a representative of Speak to a wide number of clients. Speak asks all staff to conduct themselves in a professional, friendly manner.
The Speak team is made up of 9 staff with experienced management (DELTA qualified, Cambridge examiners). Speak also has a local English school in Molfetta which is a Trinity exam centre and Cambridge preparation centre.
About Molfetta: Molfetta is a small coastal town (60,000 pop.) on the Adriatic coast, around 25km north of Bari which is well connected to cities across Europe. Puglia is a beautiful region with lots to offer and Molfetta is well placed for day trips to historic towns and beaches, UNESCO sites etc. Living costs are low for Italy and Speak will help with finding accommodation and settling in.
- University degree
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience
- EU Passport or EU working visa\permesso di soggiorno
- Previous experience as a Learning Manager, Director of Studies or similar
- Further teaching qualifications e.g. DELTA, PGCE
- Working competence in basic Office software (Word, Excel etc.)
- Experience preparing for Cambridge and/or Trinity exams
- Good level of Italian
- Driving licence
Salary and Benefits
- Support from senior Speak learning staff
- 1400-1600 Euros guaranteed net per month depending on qualifications and experience.
- Working hours Monday to Friday ONLY
- Legal contract with Italian NI contributions paid
- All holidays paid (2 weeks Christmas, 1 week Easter, all bank holidays)
- End of contract bonus
- Airport pick-up
- Possibility of Italian lessons
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
Gain the freedom to work from home or travel the world while working by teaching English online or in the classroom.
120-Hour TEFL certificate course - 84% discount for Tefl.com members. Enroll Now!International Open Academy
Latest TEFL Blog Posts