Director of Studies (DoS) / Academic Director
- Deadline: Fri 13 Aug 2021 00:00:00 UTC
- Italy: Syracuse, Sicily.
- The Academy Srl
- Experience: 6 YEARS +
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
The successful candidate will take responsibility for planning and delivering our academic programmes, providing vision, leadership and direction, and inspiring, managing and developing our high-performing team of experienced teaching staff. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious professional to join our international and dynamic team.
Details of Position
The successful candidate will take responsibility for planning and delivering our academic programmes, providing vision, leadership and direction, and inspiring, managing and developing our high-performing team of experienced teaching staff. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious professional to join our international and dynamic team of committed staff who share a common sense of purpose in guiding students to achieve their full potential and leading learners towards Cambridge Assessment English qualifications.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an innovative team leader who will relish the challenge of ensuring all academic activities are carried out to the highest standard and assisting with the continual professional development of the teaching team.
An effective leader and education manager with at least 7 years experience of EFL teaching and/or educational management.
Experience of planning and delivering academic programmes both online and face to face.
Training and mentoring experience.
Knowledge and experience of Cambridge Assessment English qualifications.
Experience of Learner Management Systems and online learning platforms.
- Flexible, adaptable, dynamic, well organised and resourceful.
- An excellent communicator, able to interact successfully with a wide range of stakeholders including administration colleagues, teachers, students and parents.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Self-reliant and able to work under own initiative.
- A team player with ideas on how to expand the teaching provision at the Academy.
- Readiness to be flexible and adaptable in dealing with the requirements of the position.
- An ambitious person with high expectations for yourself, your team and your students.
Minimum required qualifications:
- CELTA or equivalent EFL teaching qualifications
- Knowledge of Italian
Salary and Benefits
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Gain the freedom to work from home or travel the world while working by teaching English online or in the classroom.
120-Hour TEFL certificate course - 84% discount for Tefl.com members. Enroll Now!International Open Academy
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
Latest TEFL Blog Posts