- United Kingdom: Wexham/ Slough.
- International School of Creative Arts
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Details of Position
1. Working in partnership with subject tutors to deliver EFL support to targeted students.
2. Preparing students to achieve necessary IELTS level for higher education.
3. Helping students develop study skills and further academic English for an art and design context.
4. Supporting students in registering for IELTS.
5. Implementing benchmark testing for all students during induction, and assessing their needs.
6. Assessment of target students in order to meet needs and monitor progress.
7. Creating and implementing schemes of work to meet targets.
8. Building up and manage collections of teaching resources.
9. Providing specific individual language support for A-Level subjects and application to higher education.
10. Attending school meetings as appropriate and promoting issues relevant to EFL students.
11. Leading the development and monitoring of EFL students, evaluating and reviewing targets, maintaining suitable record-keeping and monitoring systems, updating assessment documents, in order to report to relevant parties as appropriate.
11. Contributing to the wider curriculum, participating in extra-curricular activities and school journeys and extension activities.
12. Participating in the School's Performance Management programme and Continuing Professional Development programme to ensure your own professional and personal development in relation to the School's objectives.
13. Participating in the School's annual monitoring and reporting requirements to ensure effective management and administration of the curriculum.
14. Safeguard the wellbeing of students in line with School policy
15. Work closely with the Schools pastoral team and academic study team in order to guide, induct and manage individual learning needs
16. Undergo regular lesson observations and participate in regular in-service training (INSET) as part of continuing professional development (CPD)
17. Maintain professional standards at all times
18. Work towards and contribute to the aims and objectives of the Schools and departments development plan
19. Carry out all duties with an awareness and understanding of the Safeguarding requirements within the area of responsibility. Work complies with all safeguarding policies and procedures that apply to the role. Behaviours and actions support the safeguarding of children, young people or adults with care and support needs as appropriate.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants are therefore not entitled to withhold information about convictions, which for other purposes are spent under the provision of the Act.
We are committed to carefully screening all applicants who will work with children, young people and adults with care and support needs [delete where applicable]. All applicants will be expected to undertake employment checks, a Disclosure & Barring Service check and provide previous employment references.
Salary and Benefits
International School of Creative Arts
More Company Information
More jobs from this recruiter
Click here to visit the International School of Creative Arts website
Gain the freedom to work from home or travel the world while working by teaching English online or in the classroom.
120-Hour TEFL certificate course - 84% discount for Tefl.com members. Enroll Now!International Open Academy
Start a new career as an English teacher and teach anywhere in the world. Book your interview now!www.tefl-abroad.org
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
Latest TEFL Blog Posts