NATIVE-LEVEL ENGLISH TEACHER REQUIRED FOR 2020-21
- Spain: Granollers, nr Barcelona, Spain.
- Cambridge School
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 1
We have 90 teachers, 9 centres and a supportive, professional, friendly work environment. We offer ongoing professional training and development as well as an excellent salary and terms and conditions.
Details of Position
All our schools have fully-equipped classrooms with interactive whiteboards, fibre-optic internet connection and access to our bank of supplementary material and resources.
Our schools offer a supportive, friendly work environment. All our new teachers are assigned a mentor to help them adapt to our systems and procedures. We provide ongoing professional training through seminars and observations which can help teachers further develop their skills. Our teaching staff of over 90 welcome new colleagues and provide the opportunity to make new friends quickly.
The Vallès Oriental is situated between Barcelona (a 30min train journey away), the Montseny mountain range (also 30mins by train) and Mataro beach (30mins by bus). Most of our teachers live in Granollers, the regional capital, which has a population of around 60,000. Granollers has cinemas, gyms, parks and lots of great places to eat, drink and socialise.
Our academic year runs from 16th September to 23rd June and our summer courses run from 28th June to 30th July. We have a vacancy for a new teacher to start in March (or April at the latest)
- Teachers with native-level competence and pronunciation ONLY
- CELTA or Trinity CertTesol ONLY
- Full, clean driving licence and willingness to drive essential
- To live locally, in Granollers/Vallès Oriental
Salary and Benefits
- The guaranteed minimum salary for a new teacher is 14,159.24 euros gross for 725hrs teaching between 16th Sept and 23rd June (this works out at around 20hrs per week). This is based on an hourly rate of 19.53 euros. The annual salary is divided up as follows: 684.93 in September (if the teachers starts on the 16th), 1,369.87 per month from October to May, 1004.57 in June (we finish on the 23rd), plus an extra payment of 1,510.79 at the end of the contract in June. Teachers who work more than the 725hrs guaranteed minimum, earn extra hours over and above the guaranteed minimum salary.
- Teachers who start later in the year are guaranteed the proportional annual hours and salary. Their monthly salary, 1,364.94 euros, is the same as for teachers who started in September.
- Teachers who work on our 5-week summer course (the last week of June and first four weeks of July) earn an additional 1,5462.40 or more.
Holidays and benefits
-We have two weeks' holiday for Christmas and one week for Easter plus at least seven bank holidays during the year.
-Mentoring available for new teachers.
-Help with finding accommodation, getting a Spanish residency number, social security number, registering with a GP and opening a bank account.
-Private health insurance for work-related conditions and full, free access to the Spanish health service for any other illnesses.
-Summer school work and the possibility of contract renewal for 2021-22 and beyond.
Study abroad or at home with job assistance (Vietnam/Cambodia). Ten years successfully training the best teachers. Accredited by the Australian Government. Current discount of $300 US. Your ticket to the world.www.teach-vietnam.com
Start a new career as an English teacher and teach anywhere in the world. Book your interview now!www.tefl-abroad.org
Gain the freedom to work from home or travel the world while working by teaching English online or in the classroom.
120-Hour TEFL certificate course - 84% discount for Tefl.com members. Enroll Now!International Open Academy
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
Latest TEFL Blog Posts