Residential Course Director
- Deadline: Mon 15 Feb 2021 00:00:00 UTC
- United Kingdom: Various.
- Discovery Summer
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 2
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Gross salary from £1000/week + free accommodation + £425 for pre-course work + discretionary bonus.
You will have high aspirations, a willingness to learn and the ability to promote and deliver the values and ethos of Discovery Summer to a team of approx 15 staff. 3.5 5.5-week summer vacancies starting late June/early July.
Details of Position
3.5 4.5-week summer vacancies starting late June/early July. Dates vary by centre.
The Course Director is in charge of the senior management team on the course. This is a role that requires a high standard of professionalism and commitment.
You will be responsible for managing and leading the course effectively and for the safety and well-being of all course participants (students, English Student Hosts, staff, Group Leaders and Discovery Summer visitors). The staff/student ratio is at least 1:4.
You will work closely with Head Office to ensure the programme is successful, ensuring the needs of all parties are met and, wherever possible, exceeded. Training will take place April at our Senior Staff Training Weekend.
This is a residential position with accommodation provided at the school. Residential staff work a 6- day week.
Discovery Summer runs a range of high-quality residential summer courses for young learners/teenagers in top independent schools in England. We welcome students from more than 50 countries each summer and limit the number from every language group. We want our students to explore and experience British Culture - up to 10% of students are British, our English Student Hosts.
In our July 2018 British Council inspection, we were awarded 14 from a possible 15 strengths placing us in the top 2% of accredited EFL schools in the UK.
Over 60% of our staff return each summer. The majority of our senior centre staff have worked with us previously - many for over 10 years.
Discovery Summer is committed to ensuring the safeguarding of children and young people and we expect our staff to share this commitment. To this end, all references will be followed up, gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
Please see our website for the full job description, online application form and details of the application process.
- Degree, higher qualification or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience in leading, managing and motivating a diverse staff
- Previous experience of working with children/teenagers in a residential setting
- Demonstrable inter-personal and customer care skills
- Proven experience of managing systems
- Demonstrable ability to anticipate, recognise and resolve problems whilst maintaining a calm manner
- Experience working with international students
- Experience working with children/teens in a residential setting
- Able to oversee a busy centre with energy and enthusiasm
- High aspirations and ability to promote and deliver the values, culture and ethos of Discovery Summer
- Committed to safeguarding
- Experience in performance management
- EFL teaching experience
- First Aid Qualification (Discovery Summer will pay for a 1 day first aid course if necessary)
Salary and Benefits
Full board accommodation is provided - worth £57.40 per week
Relevant training e.g. First Aid, Safeguarding
Study abroad or at home with job assistance (Vietnam/Cambodia). Ten years successfully training the best teachers. Accredited by the Australian Government. Current discount of $300 US. Your ticket to the world.www.teach-vietnam.com
Start a new career as an English teacher and teach anywhere in the world. Book your interview now!www.tefl-abroad.org
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
Latest TEFL Blog Posts