Teach English in South Korea
- Deadline: Mon 31 May 2021 00:00:00 UTC
- South Korea: Daegu, South Korea.
- DAEGU TEFL JOB
- Experience: NO PREFERENCE
- Positions: 10
- Degree Required
One way flight ticket, rent-free fully furnished single studio apartment, medical insurance, national pension etc. are provided.
Native level English speakers with a Bachelor's degree in any field and no criminal record are eligible for E-2 visa to teach English in Korea.
Details of Position
[Hanvit English School]
* Starting date; in late March, June, and July, 2021
* Location; Daegu, South Korea
* address; 2348, Dalgubeol-daero, Suseong-gu, or 39, Joam-ro, Dalseo-gu, Daegu
* number of current native English speaking teachers; 7
* Age of students; from 10-17
* Working hours; from 2:30 pm to 10:30 pm,
* Working days; Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fridays (4 days per week)
* monthly salary; 2.0 million won depending on experiences and educational background
* round trip flight tickets provided while most other jobs provide only one-way flight nowadays
About Daegu city
The City of Daegu is located inland, southeast of the Korean Peninsula.
Its population is around 2.5 million and there are several hundreds native English speaking teachers in Daegu.
It's just 1 hour and 40 min. away from Seoul and 50 min. from Busan by express train (KTX or SRT); You can find more information on the city of Daegu website.
How to Apply
Please send me your resume, cover letter and other relevant documents with your available date for employment in S.Korea by email.
- Bachelor's degree in any field from a university in an English speaking country
- a photocopy of Bachelor's degree certificate with 'Apostille' attached (a photocopy of Bachelors degree certificate verified by a Korean consulate in Canada for Canadians)
- an original copy of national (FBI) criminal background check issued within 6 months with 'Apostille' attached (an original copy verified by a Korean consulate in Canada for Canadians)
- must be a native level English speaker with the nationality of Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, U.K., or U.S.A. (alphabetical order) in accordance with the Korean government's Policy
Salary and Benefits
- one-way flight ticket to Korea or a return flight ticket back home
- rent free fully-furnished single housing within 10-15 min. walking distance of school (Teachers need to pay for utility bills for gas, water, electricity etc. which is around 50,000 won per month depending on how much they use.)
- severance pay, equivalent of 1 month's salary on completion of 1-year contract
- 10-day vacation scheduled by school and around 15 national holidays a year
- half of the medical insurance premium and national pension paid by the employer and the equivalent amount paid by the teacher each month
- fewer than 12 students at each class
- all the curriculum provided
- length of contract: 1 year (extendable)
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our Advertising Media Pack
Study abroad or at home with job assistance (Vietnam/Cambodia). Ten years successfully training the best teachers. Accredited by the Australian Government. Current discount of $300 US. Your ticket to the world.www.teach-vietnam.com
Start a new career as an English teacher and teach anywhere in the world. Book your interview now!www.tefl-abroad.org
Latest TEFL Blog Posts