Elementary/Secondary School Teaching in Japan!
- Japan: Nagoya and the Greater Tokyo Area.
- Westgate Corporation
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 10
- Degree Required
Details of Position
***** YOUNG LEARNERS ENGLISH PROGRAM *****
***** SECONDARY SCHOOL ENGLISH PROGRAM *****
1) PROGRAM INFORMATION:
We are seeking highly motivated educators to teach English at elementary schools or secondary schools in Japan.
This unique opportunity is for bright teachers eager to enrich their teaching skills while realizing the dream of exploring a foreign country.
We are accepting applications from overseas and from inside Japan for in-class teaching positions in the Young Learners English Program, and Secondary School English Program.
Due to the prolonged effects of the Covid-19 situation, Westgate needs to be flexible regarding the type of teaching we are able to provide. Based on societal needs and/or those of our client schools, classes in the Young Learners Program and Secondary School English Program will initially be held at school, but they may request some online classes (either at schools or at home).
Therefore, we are looking for applicants who would be willing to work on campus and/or remotely if needed.
In order to be able to teach for Westgate online, you would need to meet the following requirements.
- CPU: Intel Core i3 or higher (Core i5 or higher preferred)
- Memory: 4GB or higher (8GB or higher preferred)
- Internet speed: 1.5Mbps (=1500Kbps) or faster, 3Mbps or faster preferred
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - November 2019 Update  or newer; or Apple macOS Mojave 10.14.6 or newer (If you are using another OS, you would be asked to check with us
to confirm whether it is ok or not)
- Browser: Microsoft Edge; Google Chrome; or Apple Safari 13 or newer
- Valid and active anti-virus software
- Web camera and microphone
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
* You would also need to agree to install applications that are required by Westgate. If an applicant does not meet the requirements above, we may not be able to make a hiring decision.
For more information, please check the Application Information for the Spring 2021 Term from the link below.
2) CONTRACT PERIOD:
- Spring Term: Late March to Late July (approx. 4 months)
- Fall Term: August to Late March (approx. 7 months)
- Elementary Schools: Tokyo, Kanagawa, and Aichi
- Secondary Schools: Tokyo, Aichi
**** ATTENTION ****
We are also looking for candidates for our University Program (The Greater Tokyo area and Aichi).
Westgate aims to shape the future of English education in Japan. We have been providing conversation-based practical English lessons since 1983 and hire over 400 instructors every year. Generations of Japanese students have developed their communicative English skills and cultural awareness on our programs. As well as helping to shape the direction of our students lives and careers, we have also been a gateway to career development for countless English instructors around the world.
Find out more about Westgate via link below.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit our website and fill out the online application form. We will contact you by email shortly after you have completed the form. You can also find more information about our programs and policies on our website.
a) 500+ hours of actual EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience along with EFL/ESL teaching certificate and/or elementary/primary/secondary teaching credentials/qualifications
b) 1000+ hours of actual EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching certificate or credentials/qualifications
- Some classroom teaching experience with young learners
* No Japanese language ability is required.
Salary and Benefits
Approximately 280,000 yen per month
*Note: Compensation is based on an hourly rate of pay. Exact monthly earnings fluctuate but over the course of a contract period average out to the figure listed above.
- HOUSING is provided. We can arrange a furnished single apartment with a rental fee of 81,000 yen per month (utilities and maintenance fees included).
- WORKING VISA SPONSORSHIP is available.
- RENEWABLE contract.
More Company Information
More jobs from this recruiter
Click here to visit the Westgate Corporation website
Start a new career as an English teacher and teach anywhere in the world. Book your interview now!www.tefl-abroad.org
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our 2020 Media Pack
Latest TEFL Blog Posts