EFL Teacher required in Marbella, Spain - Immediate Start
- Deadline: Sun 15 Nov 2020 00:00:00 UTC
- Spain: Marbella, Malaga. ANDALUCIA. SPAIN.
- ADVANCE Language School
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Competitive salary: 1350 euros NET + nine month contract with option of working in summer school.
Details of Position
"ADVANCE Language School" is situated in Marbella, Andalucia in Southern Spain. Being one of the leading schools in the area, we have an excellent reputation for offering a high standard of language education and are continually striving to achieve the best possible results. We have around 450 students in total and teach young learners aged from 4 years old, teenagers and adults. "ADVANCE Language school" is also a Cambridge and Trinity exam centre and our learners take their official exams at our school.
The teaching will be made up of 50% young learners/teenagers classes and 50% adult classes. The majority of our students prepare for the Cambridge exams starting at 7 years old with "Starters, Movers and Flyers" and go on to take other Cambridge Main Suite exams at A2, B1, B2, C1 or C2 levels. Therefore, experience with Cambridge Exams is preferred. We also provide General English and Business English classes to adults and professionals.
Due to "Covid 19" all classes were taught online from mid-March until the end of the academic year in June 2020. However once lockdown restrictions were eased our summer intensive courses were taught in house and we have been teaching on site since the beginning of September.
Most students are taught in groups with a maximum class size of 10 students although teachers will also teach some one-2-one classes. We also offer in-company Business English classes to medium-sized and multi-national companies in the local area.
ADVANCE has a great team of teachers, a lovely working atmosphere and with 25 years of experience we make sure that teachers are well looked after, paid well and have an opportunity to develop their professional careers in English Language teaching.
The main duties include:
- Prepare and plan classes incorporating a communicative approach to teaching.
- Teach 25 hours per week at a variety of levels from beginner through to upper intermediate/advanced levels.
- Attend staff meetings/professional development training sessions.
Teachers at ADVANCE Language School can take advantage of:
- professional training session to help develop their teaching skills.
- being supported from experienced academic staff (DoS & ADoS)
- a supportive and cooperative atmosphere working with a team of enthusiastic and professional teachers.
- workshops and on-going training.
- Cambridge and MacMillan training days
- formal and peer observations.
- Qualifications: CELTA or Trinity.
- 2 years teaching experience + Some online teaching experience
- Experience with Young Learners and Cambridge exams valued.
- EU national/valid work permit.
- University degree is preferred.
- A working knowledge of Spanish to B1 level is an advantage.
Salary and Benefits
- All local and national holidays paid including 10 days at Christmas and 5 days at Easter.
- 9 month renewable contract with possibility of working in summer school in July.
- Social Security paid.
- Help finding accommodation and getting residency documents. (We have a list of landlords/ladies and the rent per month for a studio or one bedroomed apartment is usually between 500/600 euros.)
Please send photo, covering letter and CV to Gema.
ADVANCE Language School
More Company Information
More jobs from this recruiter
Click here to visit the ADVANCE Language School website
Start a new career as an English teacher and teach anywhere in the world. Book your interview now!www.tefl-abroad.org
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our 2020 Media Pack
Earn your TEFL Certificate at one of our exciting global locations or study online! Explore new languages and cultures and gain global skills. We offer job guidance and graduate-level credits.www.vialingua.com
Latest TEFL Blog Posts