English Teacher - English Excel, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong: Hong Kong.
- English Excel
- Experience: NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Positions: 5
- Degree Required
- Planning and preparing lessons plans based upon student proficiency
- Teaching children in a small group environment
- Completing relevant administration Successful applicants will work in a supportive and rewarding environment as part of a small team in one of our centres in Hong Kong.
Details of Position
English Excel teachers are the key to providing students with an interactive and nurturing learning environment. At the heart of the English Excel student experience is our unique class size limit of just 4 students per class. Such small classes enable teachers to have plenty of one-to-one interaction and really get to know students, enabling teachers to offer learning opportunities which aren't possible with larger classes. Having the benefit of small classes allows teachers to tailor lessons to the individual needs of students and place them into classes according to their English proficiency rather than their age.
Throughout the duration of every lesson, students benefit from a fully immersive experience, ensuring learning is fully maximised by encouraging students to speak only in English. As well as teaching English, teachers work on building students' confidence and fostering a love of English. Our lessons are developed to meet the individual needs and skill levels of our students as they progress. As a teacher at English Excel, you will be provided with a variety of resources divided into different skill areas, and whilst you will have all the guidance and support you need; you are also given the autonomy to make decisions within a framework and develop lessons to ensure each student reaches their full potential. There is definitely no 'one size fits all' at English Excel.
The support we offer includes:
- A comprehensive induction plan which is ideal for both first time teachers and more experienced teachers.
- Lots of opportunities for training and professional development.
- We offer a supportive working environment with senior teachers/manager to mentor less experienced teachers.
Experience of working with children in an instructional capacity is preferred but not essential.
Salary and Benefits
- Contract completion gratuity bonus
- Retirement Benefit
- Salary advance (if required)
- Work visa sponsorship
- Subsidised teacher accommodation on Hong Kong Island (Quarry Bay area)
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- Opportunities for career advancement
- 14 days paid holiday and 17 days paid public holiday
- Supportive working environment
- Sponsored staff socials
- Airport pickup and transport to accommodation
Start a new career as an English teacher and teach anywhere in the world. Book your interview now!www.tefl-abroad.org
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our 2020 Media Pack
INSTANT email delivery of the latest worldwide vacancies immediately they are posted to the TEFL.com platform. No need to search, as the latest jobs will be in your mailbox!Tell me more
Latest TEFL Blog Posts