Summer EFL teacher for Young Learners - London
- Deadline: Fri 13 Mar 2020 00:00:00 UTC
- United Kingdom: London.
- Discovery Summer
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 10
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job
Gross salary depending on qualifications and experience: £17.78-£23.27 per hour + statutory holiday pay £2.15-£2.81 per hour.
Details of Position
You will be responsible for planning and delivering high-quality, lively EFL lessons and taking students on study visits.
Experienced teachers and those early in their career are welcome to apply - this is an excellent opportunity to work as part of an experienced team.
We provide a supportive and friendly environment. Over 60% of our staff return each summer. Many of our staff have been with us for 5 years or more.
In our 2018 British Council inspection we were awarded 14 strengths out of a possible 15.
Collingham, Kensington, London, Half day/full day:
Student age range 5-17. We are keen to recruit teachers with experience of teaching very young learners. 17.5 or 35 contact hours per week. Monday to Friday teaching mornings 09:00-12:30 and/or afternoons.
Queens Gate, Kensington, London, Full day:
Student age range 7-13. We are keen to recruit teachers with young learner experience. 31 contact hours per week. Monday to Friday.
Marymount, Kingston-upon-Thames, near London, Full day:
Student age range 8-13. We are keen to recruit teachers with young learner experience. 26 contact hours per week. Monday to Friday.
Please see our website for the full job description, online application form and details of the application process. We run a rolling recruitment programme so please apply asap.
Discovery Summer is committed to ensuring the safeguarding of children and young people and we expect our staff to share this commitment. To this end, all references will be followed up, gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
- First degree (any discipline)
- CELTA, Trinity TESOL, BEd/PGCE (Primary Education, English or MFL) or EFL Level 5 equivalent
- Ability to provide a clear and accurate model of the English language
- Passionate about teaching and learning
- Previous summer school experience/International school experience
- Experience of teaching multi-lingual classes
- Young Learner specialism e.g. TYLEC
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to work alongside colleagues, contributing effectively to a team
- Ability to effectively motivate children and teenagers
- Good administrative skills
- Able to work comfortably in a fast paced, intensive environment
- Committed to producing student centred, interactive classes
- Organised and with high professional and personal standards
- Culturally sensitive and genuinely enjoys working with young people
- Open to receiving feedback and wants to develop new skills
- Creative, energetic and fun
Salary and Benefits
+ statutory holiday pay £2.15-£2.81 per hour
- Staff are given a thorough induction and performance is regularly reviewed
- Exciting opportunities for professional development e.g. INSET sessions, peer observation
and team teaching
TEFL Worldwide Prague: Awarded Top TEFL Certification Program for 2018 & 2019 out of 1,010 courses and Best TEFL Course for Job Guidance Worldwide!
Accredited 4-week TEFL course in Prague with job guidance worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries.Click to find out more.
EXPERT ENGLISH Cambridge CELTA Authorised Centre in Asturias (North of Spain) offers CELTA, the worldwide recognised 160-hour practical and flexible teacher training programme all year round, part-time and full time.Click to find out more.
Trinity College London CertTESOL- Residential course in Thailand. January 2020 - Early Bird discount.
The only Trinity CertTESOL in Thailand. Certified and recognised worldwide. Beautiful location. Small groups.Teaching practice in real schools. Meals and accommodation included. Job Placement available on course completion.Click to find out more.