- Deadline: Sat 22 Aug 2020 00:00:00 UTC
- United Kingdom: London (Colindale, Kentish Town, Camden Town).
- Stay Campus London
- Experience: NO PREFERENCE
- Positions: 25
Start date for General English courses: Immediate.
Start dates for summer courses: Monday, 22nd & Monday 29th June 2020 / Monday 6th, Monday 13th & Monday 20th July 2020
Details of Position
- General English classes (newly graduated CELTA / Trinity CertTESOL candidates welcomed)
- Cambridge First exam preparation classes (previous experience preferred)
- Cambridge Advanced exam preparation classes (previous experience preferred)
- IELTS exam preparation classes (previous experience preferred)
Successful candidates for General English courses will deliver engaging, interactive English language lessons to international classes of young learners, teenagers and young adults.
Successful candidates for the Summer Exam Preparation courses will be required to prepare Italian high-school students to pass the Cambridge First and Advanced examinations, aiming to achieve an average class pass rate of 90% in July and August exam sessions.
In addition, motivated candidates will have the opportunity to lead excursions to places of cultural and historical interest in and around London, such as museums, galleries and parks.
All successful candidates are expected to:
- Create and deliver engaging lessons and promote enthusiasm for learning
- Ensure that personal learning objectives are fulfilled within a motivating and fun group learning dynamic
- Correct all classwork and homework exercises
- Adhere to British Council guidelines and best practice
- Keep correct and detailed records of student performance and progress
- Provide a safe, positive learning environment for all students at all times
We have more than 50 classrooms fitted with interactive smart screens that offer a stylish and comfortable learning environment. SCL believe in a communicative approach to learning designed to maximise the time students spend speaking English. Our learners are encouraged to discover new language by engaging in structured, personalised tasks that reflect the practical, professional and social situations they encounter in real life.
Excursion guides are required to:
- escort groups of up to 20 students on half-day excursions to various cultural and historical places of interest in and around London
- escort groups of up to 20 students on full-day excursions to various cultural and historical places of interest in Oxford, Cambridge, and Brighton
- ensure the safety and well-being of all students at all times
- prepare relevant project-work activities to be carried out in each location
Please note, all selected candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and sign a Declaration of Suitability to Work with Children prior to their appointment.
All candidates are required to complete Level 1 Safeguarding training prior to their appointment.
Proof of identity and qualifications, as well as eligibility to work in the UK, will be required at the interview. References will be followed up, and any gaps in employment will need to be explained.
Successful candidates must also be prepared to attend an unpaid induction session prior to their contract start date.
Email addresses and contact phone numbers of two referees must be provided. At least one referee must be a current or previous employer. Both referees will be asked if there is any specific reason why candidates may not be employed to work with persons under the age of 18.
- Required qualifications:
- Cambridge CELTA, Cambridge CELTA Online, Cambridge DELTA, Cambridge DELTA Distance, Trinity CertTESOL, Trinity DipTESOL, Trinity Joint Cert TESOL, BA TEFL, MA TESOL, MA TEFL, MA Linguistics, PhD Linguistics.
- Native level English speaker preferred
- Current location:
- United Kingdom
SCL teachers have high expectations of their learners and love creating and sharing their own fun and dynamic lessons with each other in a rewarding and supportive development culture. Our friendly and dedicated Academic Team are never too busy to lend a hand.
Applicants interested in teaching General English courses are not required to hold a degree. Ideally, they will have proven teaching experience with children, teenagers and young adults.
Applicants interested in teaching on Cambridge Advanced, Cambridge First, and IELTS courses must be graduates and, ideally, will have had experience in Cambridge Suite and IELTS exam preparation classes. Ideally, they will have proven teaching experience with teenagers and young adults.
While no previous experience leading excursions is requested, ideally candidates will be familiar with London's main sites of historical and cultural interest.
While non-native speakers of English are welcome to apply, all applicants must be proficient English speakers holding a valid certificate or test report attesting to a CEFR level of C2.
Desirable Personal Qualities:
- Ability to build rapport with classes of young learners and teens
- Imagination and creativity
- Problem-solving skills
- Empathy and patience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Deadline adherence and time management
Salary and Benefits
DELTA or equivalent level-six qualified teachers' basic hourly rate is £19.20 per contact hour, including holiday pay.
Stay Campus London
More Company Information
More jobs from this recruiter
Click here to visit the Stay Campus London website
Looking for an opportunity to expand your career choices at home or abroad, fund your travels or attain an internationally-recognised TESOL qualification? If yes, then one of our flagship TESOL courses could be for you! BA (Hons) TESOL & Linguistics MA Education with TESOL.Click to find out more.
Take The Anglo 8-week summer Delta M2 course in Cancun, Mondays – Thursdays. Or the 4-week summer CELTA course in Puerto Vallarta. EARLY BIRD PRICES available now!Click to find out more.