Director of Studies and EFL Teacher Vacancies (Summer School 2020, Residential)
- United Kingdom: Kinlet, Worcestershire.
- Wise Owl English Language Limited
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 5
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
- Director of Studies
- EFL Teacher
Position type: residential, fixed-term.
Location: Wise Owl English Summer School, Kinlet Hall, Kinlet, Worcestershire, DY12 3AY, UK.
Dates of employment: 17/18 July to 16 August 2020.
Director of Studies - £3100 for full course.
EFL Teachers - £1900 for full course.
Director of Studies - 6 days at school, 1 day-off.
EFL Teachers - 5 days teaching, 1 day excursions or airport transfers or lesson planning, 1 day-off.
Details of Position
- Lead and support a small team of EFL teachers to deliver a challenging, engaging and effective course of English lessons to international students aged 9 to 17.
- Contribute to the creation of stimulating, student-focused and welcoming classroom environments, and to the presentation of the EFL department as a whole.
- Run the development programme (observations, feedback, TD sessions and skill sharing).
- Monitor teacher performance and conduct appraisals.
- Review and update schemes of work when required. Maintain stocks of teaching materials and stationery.
- Review and distribute students' weekly academic reports to parents and group organisers.
- Group students into classes based on English tests completed prior to arrival and language learning background.
- When required, perform additional duties in order to meet the schools operational demand. This may include:
* teaching a class,
* assistance with student arrivals and departures,
* off-site excursions or airport transfers.
- Prepare for induction, lead induction day and participate in summer school set-up and shut-down.
EFL Teachers - Indication of Duties:
- Deliver a challenging, engaging and effective course of English lessons to a class averaging 12 international students, following the relevant scheme of work and the school timetable.
- Correct students work, including the weekly class exam.
- Write students' weekly academic reports.
- Create a stimulating, student-focused and welcoming classroom environment for your group and contribute to the presentation of the EFL department as a whole.
- Participate in the development programme (observations, feedback, TD sessions and skill sharing).
- If required, safely and confidently manage a group of students during off-site excursions and/or airport transfers, providing continuous supervision, following the relevant itinerary.
- Contribute to the student care element of summer school.
- Attend induction day and participate in summer school set-up and shut-down.
For the full job descriptions, person specification and selection process please visit our website.
EFL Teachers - Required Qualifications: CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL.
Preferred qualifications in addition to above:
- bachelor's or master's degree,
- first aid qualification,
- child protection training.
Language requirement: C2 language user competence in English.
Salary and Benefits
Director of Studies - £3100 for full course. (Comprising of 31 days basic pay, plus 2.5 days holiday pay, at £647.77 per week.)
EFL Teachers - £1900 for full course. (Comprising of 30 days basic pay, plus 2.5 days holiday pay, at £409.23 per week. Partial attendances will be paid pro rata.)
Dates of Employment:
Director of Studies - Friday 17 July Sunday 16 August 2020 (31 days).
EFL Teachers - Saturday 18 July Sunday 16 August 2020 (30 days).
Accommodation and catering provided by employer.
Application process: Please send resume and cover letter via TEFL.com as an initial step. In order to formally apply for the position, please complete the employment application form on our website.
Wise Owl English Language Limited
More jobs from this recruiter
Click here to visit the Wise Owl English Language Limited website
EXPERT ENGLISH offers CELTA, the worldwide recognised 120-hour practical and flexible teacher training programme, with a bonus in teaching practice availability and additional teacher training module for Young Learners and CLIL.Click to find out more.
Trinity College London CertTESOL- Residential course in Thailand. January 2020 - Early Bird discount.
The only Trinity CertTESOL in Thailand. Certified and recognised worldwide. Beautiful location. Small groups.Teaching practice in real schools. Meals and accommodation included. Job Placement available on course completion.Click to find out more.
4-week accredited TEFL/CELTA Courses in The Czech Republic, Spain, China, Thailand, Peru, Costa Rica, Argentina, Guatemala, Mexico and The USA.
Upon successful completion, ITTO guarantees job placement and job contacts worldwide. Find out how you can save up to US$200 Call Us Now!Click to find out more.