EFL Teacher/ English as a foreign Language/ Teacher
- United Kingdom: Cambridge.
- Embassy Summer
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 50
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Our EFL Teachers are at the forefront of developing students Life and Academic Skills through teaching, tuition and guidance during the English course.
Details of Position
Helping students succeed in a global community
Established in 1991 EC Malta was ECs first and only school. This small school quickly gained a wonderful reputation and became one of the leading English language schools in Malta. Fast forward to today and there are 29 year-round schools in eight countries on four continents, retaining their excellent reputation for delivering English Language courses globally. EC has a Young Learners division which incorporates EC Academy, EC Study Tours and Embassy Summer and manages over 30000 weeks from students from over 140 countries helping them to improve their language skills, meet new friends and take part in a wide range of activities and cultural excursions that will help them develop important life skills.
* Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students for who you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
* Deliver engaging student-centred lessons that encourage students to actively participate
* Maximise student and group leader satisfaction by ensuring their experience meets or exceeds their expectations.
* Play an active role in the development of students life skills throughout their Embassy experience
Specific duties include:
* To teach as required
* To lead activities and excursions if the centre is not on a full day teaching programme
* To ensure adequate preparation for all teaching and activity/excursion sessions
* To monitor students proficiency and track students progress
* To complete academic administration in a timely manner
* To attend all relevant meetings, workshops and feedback sessions
* To maintain proper levels of student discipline, safety and welfare
* To carry out residential supervision duties, including meal and bedtime supervision
* To carry out other duties necessary for the proper running of the centre
The job holder will be expected to operate in accordance with the company's Code of Conduct, and any local policies and operating procedures relating to academic, welfare and safeguarding matters.
Employees are required to cooperate fully with all arrangements in place related to Health and Safety which include implementation and compliance with control measures resultant from risk assessments and engagement with, and completion of, any relevant Health and Safety training.
* Educated to Degree Level or equivalent (Level 6 Qualifications and Credit Framework)
* CELTA / Trinity CertTESOL (or equivalent)
* (E.g. PGCE in English / modern languages with ELT/TESOL subsidiary, provided that they meet the validation, teaching practice and input criteria)
Additional Qualifications Desired:
* DELTA / Trinity DipTESOL (Level 6/7 of the Qualifications and Credit Framework)
* Experience of working in junior education / learning
* Experience in a role involving organisation / logistics / travel
* Experience of working in a summer school environment
* Experience of working in a residential environment
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Excellent organisational and planning skills
* Ability to motivate, lead and inspire students
* Ability to work under pressure
* Ability to multitask, prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines
* Ability to deal with complexity and resolve problems and issues
*A high degree of IT competency: Outlook & MS Office (specifically Excel)
* Demonstrates the ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people.
* Demonstrates emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours.
* Demonstrates a positive attitude to the use of authority and maintaining discipline.
* Demonstrates an exceptional level of attention to detail
* 6 days out of 7 (1 day off per week)
* 42 hours per week (30 contact teaching hours* plus preparation)
* (15 contact teaching hours per week if on a half-day teaching schedule)
Disclosure and Barring Service:
If you have subscribed to the DBS update service, we will reimburse the £13 annual renewal fee. (Receipt required)
If you did not subscribe to the DBS update service, we will need to apply for a New Enhanced DBS for you. Our Safer Recruitment Officer will discuss this with you.
Equality and Diversity: Equality and diversity are at the heart of everything we do. Our learning opportunities are open to everyone, regardless of their background and circumstances, and we apply the same standards to the staff we employ.
Salary and Benefits
* Pre-arrival online training
* Pre-arrival EFL Teacher webinars
* Centre induction on arrival
* Role specific manual
* CPD workshops
* Opportunity to shadow managers and career progression
* From £424.10 per week (inclusive of holiday pay)
* £49.00 deduction per week for residential accommodation (if required)
SPECIAL OFFER: €1399, to be paid in instalments. 100% face to face courses available from July.Click to find out more.
4-week accredited TEFL/CELTA Courses in The Czech Republic, Spain, China, Thailand, Peru, Costa Rica, Argentina, Guatemala, Mexico and The USA.
Upon successful completion, ITTO guarantees job placement and job contacts worldwide. Find out how you can save up to US$200 Call Us Now!Click to find out more.
TEFL Worldwide Prague: Awarded Top TEFL Certification Program for 2018 & 2019 out of 1,010 courses and Best TEFL Course for Job Guidance Worldwide!
Accredited 4-week TEFL course in Prague with job guidance worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries.Click to find out more.