Director of Studies - Leipzig
- Deadline: Fri 07 Feb 2020 00:00:00 UTC
- Germany: Leipzig.
- marcus evans linguarama
- Experience: 5 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Details of Position
marcus evans linguarama is an international language training company specialising in needs-related language training for business with twenty centres around Europe. We offer a range of intensive and extensive courses for professionals from major private companies, public sector organisations and government bodies at our centres, in-company and on a virtual basis.The majority of our training programmes are designed for those wishing to improve their English language skills for specific business purposes. We also organise specialist skills training courses (e.g., English for Presentations, Meetings and Negotiations, HR, Law, etc), Cross Cultural training courses as well as training programmes in a wide range of other languages.
Typically, our centres are run by a team consisting of a Centre Manager, who has overall responsibility for the centre; a Director of Studies, who is responsible for the pedagogical management of the centre; and a Training Consultant who is responsible for increasing sales with current and prospective clients.
We are looking to recruit a new Director of Studies for our Leipzig Centre starting in February/March 2020. This is a successful, well-established centre in the heart of Leipzig with a core team of experienced, committed teachers who deliver a range of high-quality programmes at the centre as well as in-company in the city and the surrounding region and also on a virtual basis.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Trainer or an ADoS who wishes to develop their career in an established marcus evans Linguarama centre with a supportive management team.
The impact you'll have:
This is a key role at this marcus evans Linguarama centre with the successful candidate being in charge of its pedagogical management. Particular responsibilities will include:
- managing the whole process of running a course: testing, needs analysis, course programming, lesson scheduling, promoting the marcus evans Linguarama training approach and materials, ongoing course monitoring and feedback activity;
- leading and developing the teaching team in line with the Linguarama Teaching Approach, recruitment, onboarding, mentoring, training, observation, regular feedback and meetings;
- providing pedagogical support for the sales activities of the centre, including attending sales meetings and and liaising closely with the Centre Manager and Training Consultant
- a teaching element, approximately a minimum of 45 units teaching per month. This helps to maintain the DoSs involvement in teaching the full range of virtual and classroom courses.
- Degree Required
- Required qualifications:
- Cambridge DELTA, Trinity DipTESOL.
- Teaching experience:
- 5 years
- Native level English speaker preferred
- Applicants should have at least 5 years relevant teaching experience, preferably other relevant work experience and the Cambridge ESOL DELTA
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Proven IT and administrative skills
- Experience of virtual and online teaching technology
- A commitment to pedagogical development combined with commercial awareness
- A minimum German level B1
Salary and Benefits
- An excellent opportunity to develop in a relatively small but friendly and well established team
- Ongoing support and training
- A position in a vibrant city and in a developing training market
- A salary of 2560 euros (x 13) per year
- Assistance with initial flights and accommodation
- Opportunities to develop within the marcus evans Linguarama Group
marcus evans linguarama
More Company Information
More jobs from this recruiter
Click here to visit the marcus evans linguarama website
Invest in your teaching career with an accredited 120 hour TESOL certification for teaching English online.
Equip yourself with all the skills demanded by TESOL employers. Course includes TESOL, TEYL & Teaching Online. Work from anywhere!Click to find out more.
EXPERT ENGLISH offers CELTA, the worldwide recognised 120-hour practical and flexible teacher training programme, with a bonus in teaching practice availability and additional teacher training module for Young Learners and CLIL.Click to find out more.
Trinity College London CertTESOL- Residential course in Thailand. January 2020 - Early Bird discount.
The only Trinity CertTESOL in Thailand. Certified and recognised worldwide. Beautiful location. Small groups.Teaching practice in real schools. Meals and accommodation included. Job Placement available on course completion.Click to find out more.