Teacher of English as a Second Language - July to August 2020
- Deadline: Fri 07 Feb 2020 00:00:00 UTC
- United Kingdom: St Edmund's College.
- St Edmund's College Summer School
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 9
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
This position involves teaching English as a Second Language to international children aged 9-17. Duties include...
- Planning and teaching 12 hours of English Language classes according to the School's Global Skills in English framework
- Attending and contributing to weekly planning meetings
- Assisting in Assessment and Placement procedures as directed
- Writing End-of-Course Reports
- Leading classes on excursions, ensure children's safety and well-being
- Conducting 'class talk time' pastoral sessions
- Holding weekly end-of-week tests
- Submitting weekly Schemes of Work to Team Leader, revising as required
- Performing break and lunch duties as required
- Maintaining all required records
- Attending INSET training
- Following all child welfare and protection protocols and procedures
- Any other duties consistent with the post
There are no residential, house parent or activities-related duties, although you may be required to plan some classes while supervising children in the library/IT rooms.
All teaching staff teach three hours of morning ESL classes for four mornings per week, and accompany their classes on 6 educational excursions and 4 shopping and sightseeing excursions. The English classes do not follow a set curriculum and teachers are required to create and submit their own Schemes of Work.
Teachers with specific experience of the following courses and examinations are also required to teach the following courses in the afternoon:
- Cambridge English: First (FCE)
- Cambridge English Advanced: (CAE)
- Bespoke one-to-one teaching sessions
These lessons are paid at £20 per hour. Each examination course is 10 hours per week for one or two weeks. One-to-one teaching sessions are one hour per day.
2. PERSON SPECIFICATION
All teaching staff must have a first degree and a CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL qualification. Non-native speakers must have an internationally recognised certificate (such as IELTS or Cambridge English) demonstrating C2 level competence.
Teachers must be able to theme their lessons according to the local excursions on which they will be taking their classes and use task and content-based teaching methodologies.
These positions would suit individuals who are professional and career-orientated.
3. RECRUITMENT PROCEDURES
Please apply through tefl.com or directly. You will be informed as to whether you have been shortlisted for interview.
All applicants are screened by domestic background checks (DBS, List 99, etc.) and overseas police checks. You will be required to background checks/references for every country that you have lived and worked in for more than 3 months for the last 10 years.
For full job advertisement see link below.
- Degree Required
- Required qualifications:
- Cambridge CELTA, Cambridge CELTA, Cambridge CELTA Online, Cambridge DELTA, Cambridge DELTA Distance, Trinity CertTESOL, Trinity DipTESOL.
- Native level English speaker preferred
CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL
MA/M.Ed Applied Linguistics or similar
DELTA or Trinity DipTESOL
QTS Secondary (English or MFL)
Salary and Benefits
St Edmund's College Summer School
More Company Information
More jobs from this recruiter
Click here to visit the St Edmund's College Summer School website
Become TEFL qualified in relaxed, sunny Madrid. 120-hour, 4-week course. Observed teaching practice.
Observed teaching practice. With over 30 schools in Spain, guaranteed job-offer for top-graduates. Excellent value for money at only 990€. Change your life for the better!Click to find out more.
Become TEFL qualified in sunny Malaga in southern Spain or wonderful Rome. Get your passport to live and work in Spain, Italy or anywhere around the globe. EARLY BIRD FEE!Click to find out more.
Certificate & Master Diploma Courses. Courses include: Teaching Young Learners, One-to-One, Business English, Grammar Awareness and Teaching English Online. Full Tutor Support and Employment Assistance.Click to find out more.
TEFL Worldwide Prague: Awarded Top TEFL Certification Program of 2018 Worldwide out of 1,000+ courses!
Accredited 4-week TEFL course in Prague with job guidance worldwide. Graduates are teaching in 60+ countries! Plenty of observed teaching practice.Click to find out more.