Summer EFL Teachers- Residential And Local Positions Available
- Deadline: Mon 15 Jun 2020 00:00:00 UTC
- United Kingdom: Bournemouth, Brighton, Edinburgh, London (4 centres), Oxford, St Albans.
- Language Study Centres
- Experience: NOT APPLICABLE
- Positions: 50
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job
Language Study Centres (LSC) is a British Council Accredited provider for English teaching in the UK. LSC has been welcoming international students to study English in the UK since the year 2000 and has since then grown and diversified to deliver programmes in the UK, Ireland and USA.
Details of Position
Locations: Bournemouth, Brighton, Edinburgh, London (4 centres), Oxford, St Albans
Job type: Seasonal
Working hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5:20pm
Duration: 2-9 weeks
Working with LSC is a fantastic opportunity to gain more teaching experience while working from specifically tailored materials. With support from a professional and qualified Director of Studies in a fun, dynamic environment, this is the ideal opportunity to add skills to your professional development and have an enjoyable summer at the same time!
Most of our positions are non-residential, but we do have a few residential positions available in our centres outside of London. Contracts start from mid-June and normally run for between 2 and 9 weeks.
At LSC we believe in using communicative approaches to teaching and place emphasis on applied language practice. We welcome applications from enthusiastic candidates who would enjoy teaching lively classes to international young learners. Our students are aged between 12-17 and in 2019 we welcomed students from over 24 different countries.
We currently have vacancies at the following centres:
Bournemouth - Bournemouth University (Bournemouth House)
Brighton - University of Brighton (Moulsecoomb Campus)
Edinburgh - Napier University (Sighthill Campus)
London - University of East London (Docklands Campus)
London - University of Greenwich (Greenwich Campus)
London - University of Westminster (Harrow Campus)
London - University of Roehampton (Roehampton Campus)
Oxford - Oxford Brookes University (Headington Campus)
St Albans - All Saints Pastoral Centre
Duties will include:
- Attending training prior to employment (paid)
- Providing quality language teaching to young learners at a variety of levels
- Familiarising yourself with LSC materials and preparation of lessons
- Assisting the Director of Studies with administrative work (registers, certificates etc.)
- Carrying out the schools safeguarding policy and maintaining a friendly but professional manner
at all times
- An undergraduate/university degree
- A CELTA/Trinity Cert TESOL or a PGCE (certain other qualifications will be accepted provided
they meet specific requirements. Online courses do not meet our requirements)
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK, a valid UK bank account and National Insurance number
- A passion for teaching and inspiring students to learn
- Previous summer school experience
- Experience teaching/working with young learners
- Knowledge/experience of the Trinity GESE exam (Oxford only)
Salary and Benefits
- Lunch provided
- A strong commitment to providing you with in-service support, training and professional development sessions
- Professional premises and in-house materials created specifically for our summer schools
*There will be a deduction of roughly £55 a week if you stay in accommodation, this figure will be confirmed once the government releases their accommodation deduction rates for 2020.
Should your interview be successful, LSC will:
- Require an enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check to be made prior to confirmation
of appointment. Where appropriate, foreign police checks will be required.
- Enquire about any gaps in your CV that will need to be explained satisfactorily
- Require two recent and relevant referees provided by you
- Require to see and make copies of original certificates and official identification (passport,
driving licence or National ID) to keep in our records
Thank you so much for having an interest in working at LSC. Please apply with the link below. If you have questions about the job please read the overview above or contact us directly.
LSC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As part of our Safer Recruitment Policy you will be asked to explain any gaps in your work and education history. You will also be required to undergo a DBS Enhanced Disclosure check and provide the contact details of at least 2 referees, who will be asked specifically if they have any concerns about your suitability to work with people under 18. Evidence of eligibility to work in the UK must be provided at interview stage. The cost of the DBS will be split between LSC and yourself, your contribution will be £22.40 and will be taken out of your first payment.
This role meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All applicants who are offered employment will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Serviced check before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
Language Study Centres
More Company Information
More jobs from this recruiter
Click here to visit the Language Study Centres website
Looking for an opportunity to expand your career choices at home or abroad, fund your travels or attain an internationally-recognised TESOL qualification? If yes, then one of our flagship TESOL courses could be for you! BA (Hons) TESOL & Linguistics MA Education with TESOL.Click to find out more.
Take The Anglo 8-week summer Delta M2 course in Cancun, Mondays – Thursdays. Or the 4-week summer CELTA course in Puerto Vallarta. EARLY BIRD PRICES available now!Click to find out more.