English Language and Literacy Teacher
- Deadline: Fri 06 Dec 2019 00:00:00 UTC
- Myanmar: Mandalay and Yangon.
- I Can Read
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 2
- Degree Required
- Teaching pre-reading skills
- Teaching reading, writing and comprehension skills
- Conducting pre-enrolment assessments for new students
- Participate in marketing events
- 5-day working week (Wednesday to Sunday) with 2 consecutive days off mid-week
- Maximum 40 hour working week
- Maximum 25 teaching hours per week / 15 hours admin work/marketing events
- Co-teach with local Burmese teachers and teaching assistants
Details of Position
Our curriculum and methodology were designed over 15 years of research by education psychologists, and we have been enriching the lives of students in Asia for 19 years. We provide a comprehensive training programme, plus all the curriculum and materials you need to teach exciting lessons.
We have learning centres in 14 countries and offer opportunities for professional growth and career advancement. Find out more at our website.
- Teaching certificate (B.Ed, TESOL/TEFL, CELTA/DELTA etc)
- Native Level English speaker
- from USA, UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa (visa requirement)
- At least one years teaching experience preferred
- Clean criminal background check
- Happy to work with young learners from 2.5 years old and above
Salary and Benefits
- Furnished accommodation provided (Sharing with one other teacher. Private bedroom and shared common areas)
- 10 days paid annual leave per year plus paid public holidays
- End of contract bonus of one months base salary
- End of contract flight reimbursement of up to USD 1,100
- Hospitalisation insurance for illness and accident
- Working visa
- Full teacher training programme in Singapore
(Teachers will be paid USD 350 to attend this training. Accommodation in Singapore and the flight from Singapore to Myanmar are also provided by the company)
We have over 20 years’ experience delivering full-time and part-time CELTA courses and have a 98% pass rate.Click to find out more.
Work and Travel with ITTO, get Certified to Teach English and obtain Guaranteed Paid Job Placement in Mexico / Job contacts Worldwide.
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel.Click to find out more.