University Teaching in Japan!
- Japan: The Greater Tokyo Area and Nagoya .
- Westgate Corporation
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 50
- Degree Required
Details of Position
We are currently recruiting instructors based in Japan for in-class teaching positions.
For details on the University Program, Young Learners Program, and Secondary School English Program, please read the 'Application information for the Fall 2020 term' on our application site.
Please note that entry to Japan from overseas is currently prohibited, and we therefore have to prioritize applicants who are already in Japan. Overseas applicants are welcome to apply for the Spring 2021 term but we wont start looking into those applications until October this year.
Also, tutoring positions on our E-Learning Program have now all been filled for the Fall 2020 term, so we are not recruiting for that program at present.
To minimize the risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19, the majority of Westgate staff are working remotely at the moment.
Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Those who have already been put in touch with a recruiter, please contact them by email as usual. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
August 3, 2020
1) PROGRAM INFORMATION:
Due to the prolonged effects of the Covid-19 situation, Westgate needs to be flexible regarding the type of teaching we are able to provide. Based on societal needs and/or those of our client schools, lessons in the University Program, Young Learners Program, and Secondary School English Program, might to be delivered on campus/at school, online, or perhaps even a combination of the two.
Considering the above, we are looking for the applicants for the Fall 2020 term who live in Japan already and would be willing to work remotely and on-campus if needed.
In order to be able to teach for Westgate online, you would need to meet the following requirements.
- Internet speed of 1.5Mbps (=1500Kbps) or faster, 3Mbps or faster preferred
- Microsoft Windows 10
- May 2019 Update  (or newer); or Apple macOS Mojave 10.14.6 (or newer) (If you are using another OS, you would be asked to check with us to confirm whether it is ok or not)
- Microsoft Edge; Google Chrome; or Apple Safari 13 (or newer)
- Valid and active anti-virus software
- Web camera and microphone
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
* You would also need to agree to install applications that are required by Westgate. If an applicant does not meet the requirements above, we may not be able to make a hiring decision.
2) CONTRACT PERIOD:
- Spring Term
Extra-Curricular Courses: late April/early May to late July (approx. 3 months)
Accredited Courses: late March/early April to late July (approx. 3-5 months)
- Fall Term
Extra-Curricular Courses: mid-/late September to late December (approx. 3 months)
Accredited Courses: early/mid- September to late December/late January (approx. 3-5 months)
Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, Saitama, and Aichi
a) experience teaching EFL/ESL in a classroom environment, along with a teaching certificate (TEFL/TESL/TESOL) and/or teaching credentials or qualifications (elementary/primary/secondary)
b) 1000+ hours of EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching certificates, credentials or qualifications
* No Japanese language ability is required.
Salary and Benefits
- Approximately 260,000 yen per month for instructors with a teaching certificate or qualification, but less than 499 hours of actual classroom teaching experience
- Approximately 275,000 yen per month or more for instructors with a teaching certificate or qualification who have 500+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience
- Approximately 275,000 yen per month or more for instructors who have 1000+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching qualifications
*Note: Compensation is based on an hourly rate of pay. Exact monthly earnings fluctuate but over the course of a contract period average out to the figures listed above.
- HOUSING is provided. We can arrange a furnished single apartment with a rental fee of 81,000 yen per month (utilities and maintenance fees included).
- FLIGHT REIMBURSEMENT of up to 1200 USD is offered for those coming from overseas.
- WORKING VISA SPONSORSHIP is available.
- RENEWABLE contract.
More Company Information
More jobs from this recruiter
Click here to visit the Westgate Corporation website
Start a new career as an English teacher and teach anywhere in the world. Book your interview now!www.tefl-abroad.org
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our 2020 Media Pack
Latest TEFL Blog Posts