EFL Teacher required in Marbella (Andalucia, Spain)
- Deadline: Fri 20 Sep 2019 00:00:00 UTC
- Spain: Marbella, Malaga. ANDALUCIA. SPAIN.
- ADVANCE Language School
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Competitive salary: 1400 euros NET + nine month contract with option of working in summer sch
Details of Position
"ADVANCE Language School" is situated in Marbella, Andalucia in Southern Spain. Being one of the leading schools in the area, we have an excellent reputation for offering a high standard of language education and are continually striving to achieve the best possible results. We have around 500 students in total and teach young learners aged from 4 years old, teenagers and adults.
The teaching will be made up of 50% young learners/teenagers classes and 50% adult classes. The majority of our students prepare for the Cambridge exams starting at 7 years old with Starters and go on to take other Cambridge Main Suite exams at B1, B2, C1 or C2 levels. Therefore, experience with Cambridge Exams is preferred. We also provide General English and Business English classes to adults and professionals.
Most students are taught in groups with a maximum class size of 10 students although teachers will also teach some one-2-one classes. We also support three local state primary schools for Cambridge YLE exam preparation and give in-company Business English classes to medium-sized and multi-national companies in the local area.
ADVANCE has a great team of teachers, a lovely working atmosphere and with 25 years of experience we make sure that teachers are well looked after, paid well and have an opportunity to develop their professional careers in English Language teaching.
The main duties include:
- Prepare and plan classes incorporating a communicative approach to teaching.
- Teach 25 hours from Monday to Thursday at a variety of levels from beginner through to upper intermediate/advanced levels.
- Attend staff meetings/professional development training sessions twice a month on Friday mornings. (Teachers have two Fridays a month free)
Teachers at ADVANCE Language School can take advantage of:
- professional training session to help develop their teaching skills.
- being supported from experienced academic staff (DoS & ADoS)
- a supportive and cooperative atmosphere working with a team of enthusiastic and professional teachers.
- free Spanish classes
- workshops and on-going training.
- formal and peer observations.
- Qualifications: CELTA or Trinity.
- 2 years teaching experience.
- Experience with Young Learners and Cambridge exams valued.
- EU national/valid work permit.
- University degree is preferred.
- A working knowledge of Spanish to B1 level is an advantage.
Salary and Benefits
- All local and national holidays paid including 10 days at Christmas and 5 days at Easter.
- 9 month renewable contract with possibility of working in summer school in July.
- Free Spanish Classes
- Social Security paid.
- Help finding accommodation and getting residency documents. (We have a list of landlords/ladys and the rent per month is usually between 550/600 euros.)
Please send photo, covering letter and CV to Gema.
ADVANCE Language School
More Company Information
More jobs from this recruiter
Click here to visit the ADVANCE Language School website
Looking for an opportunity to expand your career choices at home or abroad, fund your travels or attain an internationally-recognised TESOL qualification? If yes, then one of our flagship TESOL courses could be for you! BA (Hons) TESOL & Linguistics MA Education with TESOL.Click to find out more.
Take The Anglo 8-week summer Delta M2 course in Cancun, Mondays – Thursdays. Or the 4-week summer CELTA course in Puerto Vallarta. EARLY BIRD PRICES available now!Click to find out more.