NATIVE-LEVEL ENGLISH TEACHER REQUIRED FOR 2019-20
- Spain: Granollers, nr Barcelona, Spain.
- Cambridge School
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 6
We have 100 teachers, 10 centres and a supportive, professional, friendly work environment. We offer ongoing professional training and development as well as an excellent salary and terms and conditions. Read the full job ad for more information.
Details of Position
All our schools have fully-equipped classrooms with interactive whiteboards, fibre-optic internet connection and access to our bank of supplementary material and resources.
Our schools offer a supportive, friendly work environment. All our new teachers are assigned a mentor to help them adapt to our systems and procedures. We provide ongoing professional training through seminars and observations which can help teachers further develop their skills. Our teaching staff of over 90 welcome new colleagues and provide the opportunity to make new friends quickly. We also offer subsidised Spanish classes for teachers.
The Vallès Oriental is situated between Barcelona (a 30min train journey away), the Montseny mountain range (also 30mins by train) and Mataro beach (30mins by bus). Most of our teachers live in Granollers, the regional capital, which has a population of around 60,000. Granollers has cinemas, gyms, parks and lots of great places to eat, drink and socialise.
Our academic year runs from 13th September to 20th June and our summer courses run from 25th June to 26th July. As a large and growing school we have new positions opening up and welcome applications throughout the year.
- Teachers with native-level competence and pronunciation ONLY
- CELTA or Trinity CertTesol ONLY
- Full, clean driving licence and willingness to drive essential
- To live locally, in Granollers
Salary and Benefits
- The guaranteed minimum salary for a new teacher is 14,159.24 euros gross for 725hrs teaching between 13th Sept and 20th June (this works out at around 20hrs per week). This is based on an hourly rate of 19.53 euros. The annual salary is divided up as follows: 818.97 in September (we start on the 13th), 1,364.94 per month from October to May, 909.96 in June (we finish on the 20th), plus an extra payment of 1,510.79 at the end of the contract in June. Teachers who work more than the 725hrs guaranteed minimum, earn extra hours over and above the guaranteed minimum salary.
- Teachers who start later in the year are guaranteed the proportional annual hours and salary. Their monthly salary, 1,364.94 euros, is the same as for teachers who started in September.
- Teachers who work on our 5-week summer course (the last week of June and first four weeks of July) earn an additional 1,5462.40 or more.
Holidays and benefits
-We have two weeks' holiday for Christmas and one week for Easter plus at least seven bank holidays during the year.
-Mentoring and full professional training and development programme.
-Help with finding accommodation, getting a Spanish residency number, social security number, registering with a GP and opening a bank account.
-Private health insurance for work-related conditions and full, free access to the Spanish health service for any other illnesses.
-Summer school work and the possibility of contract renewal for 2020-21 and beyond.
Become TEFL qualified in relaxed, sunny Madrid. 120-hour, 4-week course. Observed teaching practice.
Observed teaching practice. With over 30 schools in Spain, guaranteed job-offer for top-graduates. Excellent value for money at only 990€. Change your life for the better!Click to find out more.
Become TEFL qualified in sunny Malaga in southern Spain or wonderful Rome. Get your passport to live and work in Spain, Italy or anywhere around the globe. EARLY BIRD FEE!Click to find out more.
Certificate & Master Diploma Courses. Courses include: Teaching Young Learners, One-to-One, Business English, Grammar Awareness and Teaching English Online. Full Tutor Support and Employment Assistance.Click to find out more.
TEFL Worldwide offers the Internationally Recognized and Accredited 4-week TEFL Course in Prague! Lifetime job assistance provided worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries! Highly rated by language schools and graduates.Click to find out more.