Director of Academics
- Guatemala, Costa Rica: Antigua.
- Maximo Nivel
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 2
- Degree Required
Details of Position
The Academic Director manages all daily operations of the Academic Office and is responsible for a team of 2 to 4 [shared] staff members, 6 to 10 English teachers, and 5 to 15 Spanish teachers.
The Director is responsible for:
- teacher recruiting, training, management and coaching
- curriculum management
- support materials
- quiz and exam administration
- payroll, time off, among other things
- holding teacher meetings on the 15th and 30th of each month
- organizing 2-hours of in-service training for English teachers every month
The Academic Team manages client service with respect to exam re-takes, grade reports, certification requirements, and attendance records. The Academic Team also provides support for all other areas of Maximo Nivel in terms of books, materials, exams, quizzes, photocopies, and rooms.The Academic Office has very close contact with learners, clients, and their families; the Academic Director must be excellent at dealing with the public!
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred
- TEFL, TESOL, or CELTA certification required
- At least 3 years professional experience, ideally as a Head Teacher, DoS, or Institute Director
- Fluent English; Advanced Spanish required
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; excellent writing skills; strong team skills and a "love" for team training
- Focused on results--learner success, learner satisfaction, and building an excellent teaching team.
- Adept at setting goals and managing competing priorities. Be the owner of the Academic function!
- Metric driven; able to understand, analyze, and present data to support business decisions.
Salary and Benefits
- Medical Insurance
- Relocation reimbursement
- Finishing bonus
- 3 weeks paid vacation
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Looking for an opportunity to expand your career choices at home or abroad, fund your travels or attain an internationally-recognised TESOL qualification? If yes, then one of our flagship TESOL courses could be for you! BA (Hons) TESOL & Linguistics MA Education with TESOL.Click to find out more.
Take The Anglo 8-week summer Delta M2 course in Cancun, Mondays – Thursdays. Or the 4-week summer CELTA course in Puerto Vallarta. EARLY BIRD PRICES available now!Click to find out more.
Become TEFL qualified in relaxed, sunny Madrid. 120-hour, 4-week course. Observed teaching practice.
Observed teaching practice. With over 30 schools in Spain, guaranteed job-offer for top-graduates. Excellent value for money at only 990€. Change your life for the better!Click to find out more.
Become TEFL qualified in sunny Malaga in southern Spain or wonderful Rome. Get your passport to live and work in Spain, Italy or anywhere around the globe. EARLY BIRD FEE!Click to find out more.
Certificate & Master Diploma Courses. Courses include: Teaching Young Learners, One-to-One, Business English, Grammar Awareness and Teaching English Online. Full Tutor Support and Employment Assistance.Click to find out more.
TEFL Worldwide offers the Internationally Recognized and Accredited 4-week TEFL Course in Prague! Lifetime job assistance provided worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries! Highly rated by language schools and graduates.Click to find out more.