Teaching English in Shenzhen Foreign Languages Primary School, China
- Deadline: Sun 21 Apr 2019 00:00:00 UTC
- China: Shenzhen Foreign Languages Primary School, China.
- Education Gateway UK
- Experience: NO PREFERENCE
- Positions: 4
- Degree Required
- To join their established foreign teachers team and happy working environment from start of September
- Students are age 6-12, class sizes up to 20.
- Competitive package of c. £31,000-£35,000 pounds Sterling per year offered. 11 month initial contract
- Great opportunity to enhance leadership & management skills in a very successful school
- Skype meeting with the head of Shenzhen School before the contract is arranged directly with school
Details of Position
- Students are age 6-12, teaching Years 1-6 in class sizes up to 20.
- Teaching is week days, with the weekend off.
- Teaching hours not more than 24 hours per week
- Teachers will need to attend school related festival events eg Halloween, Christmas and school open days and to assist in organising these events
- There will be regular meetings to discuss plans and resources.
Shenzhen Foreign Languages Primary School is situated in the heart of the modern and vibrant city of Shenzhen in the south east of China. The school is rated one of the best schools in China and is situated on a modern, attractive campus with top class teaching equipment and excellent facilities. The school has a first class and inspirational teaching staff. Students at the school are brought up to be very well behaved and to be respectful with great enthusiasm for learning, making them a pleasure to teach.
The Head of the school, Tracey Wang, is enthusiastic, internationally aware and passionate about furthering the international outreach and English language teaching excellence of the school, where it is already strong.
The students have a good level of English language ability, performing well in national competitions. Many of them have progressed to further education overseas and a high percentage of parents have an overseas education background.
Shenzhen School has been a partner school of Milton Road Primary School in Cambridge UK for 8 years, and teacher and student exchange visits have occurred in both directions.
Shenzhen borders Hong Kong, it is a global centre for scientific, technological and industrial innovation, and it is within the top 3 highest GDPs in China.
- A native level English speaker with passport holder of UK, USA, Ireland, Canada,New Zealand and Australia (visa requirement)
- Related teaching certificate
- Bachelors degree or above
- No criminal record
Salary and Benefits
It will include:
- Salary - 17,000 to 20,000 RMB Chinese currency per month
- Accommodation - A free self-contained and well-equipped 1-bedroom apartment is made available, around 15 minutes walk from school.
- Meals - Breakfast and lunch are provided in school
- Flights - Return flights to/from China are paid for
- Arrival pick-up from within Shenzhen will be arranged
- Medical Insurance will be provided
- Holidays - 11 paid public holidays plus paid summer and winter holidays, circa 3 months
- There will be assistance with legal working visa and residence permit and good support and training within the school
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Become TEFL qualified in relaxed, sunny Madrid. 120-hour, 4-week course. Observed teaching practice.
Observed teaching practice. With over 30 schools in Spain, guaranteed job-offer for top-graduates. Excellent value for money at only 990€. Change your life for the better!Click to find out more.
Become TEFL qualified in sunny Malaga in southern Spain or wonderful Rome. Get your passport to live and work in Spain, Italy or anywhere around the globe. EARLY BIRD FEE!Click to find out more.
Certificate & Master Diploma Courses. Courses include: Teaching Young Learners, One-to-One, Business English, Grammar Awareness and Teaching English Online. Full Tutor Support and Employment Assistance.Click to find out more.
TEFL Worldwide offers the Internationally Recognized and Accredited 4-week TEFL Course in Prague! Lifetime job assistance provided worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries! Highly rated by language schools and graduates.Click to find out more.
We have over 20 years’ experience delivering full-time and part-time CELTA courses and have a 98% pass rate.Click to find out more.
Learn how to teach English confidently and get the most prestigious TEFL Certificate! Highly experienced and supportive team of tutors. Very high pass rate. Special price package with accommodation and airport pick up included.Click to find out more.
The only Trinity CertTESOL in Thailand. Certified and recognised worldwide. Beautiful location. Small groups.Teaching practice in real schools. Meals and accommodation included. Job Placement available on course completion.Click to find out more.
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel! Choose ITTO TEFL - TESOL Programs!Click to find out more.