Teach English in Spain: Public Schools in Madrid and Murcia
- Deadline: Fri 21 Jun 2019 00:00:00 GMT
- Spain: Madrid and Murcia.
- Experience: NOT APPLICABLE
- Positions: 15
- Degree Required
- Basic: 1,275
- Basic + 140-Hour TEFL Course*: 1,675
- Basic + Immersion Week in Madrid: 1,775
- Basic + TEFL Course + Immersion Week: 2,100
Fees/Costs and Available Options in Murcia
- Basic: 1,050
- Basic + 140-Hour TEFL Course*: 1,450
- Basic + Immersion Week in Madrid: 1,550
- Basic + TEFL Course + Immersion Week: 1,900
Details of Position
Deadline: ASAP or at least before June 21st
Program length: October to the end of May/June (precise date TBC)
The conditions for the Auxiliares de Conversacion are different depending on the region participants choose:
Teach in Madrid
- 16 teaching hours per week
- 4 consecutive teaching days
- 1,000 monthly stipend
- Mostly rural and pueblo locations
Teach in Murcia
- 15 teaching hours per week
- 4 consecutive teaching days
- 875 monthly stipend
- Anywhere in the region of Murcia
Meddeas, a Spanish organization renowned for cooperating with private schools in Spain, has developed ConversaSpain, a spin-off with its dedicated team and brand. The corresponding regional Education Authority is in charge of the placements and of any school-related matters.
The Role of an Auxiliar de Conversacion in Spain
Participants could deliver conversational English lessons to students or staff, encourage oral practice in English, explain the culture of their own country, help in other subjects (such as science, art, P.E., history, or music), assist with pronunciation and grammar, prepare students for oral exams, and collaborate with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning lessons. The specific activities and tasks depend on the school.
Language Assistants in Public Schools help teach English to Elementary, Middle and High School students. This is a supportive role; thus, they arent in charge of entire classes and arent responsible for grading or discipline.
Assignment: Selected candidates will receive the details of their specific school placement 8 to 10 weeks before starting at the school. Age-group and location preferences are considered whenever possible (we cannot guarantee specific placement preferences).
If you are interested please send an email or apply via Apply button.
- Native-level English speaker
- Hold a C2 certificate or equivalent
- University degree in any subject
- Speaking Spanish is not required
Salary and Benefits
- Job placement and monthly stipend ensured (875 in Murcia and 1,000 in Madrid)
- Private health insurance (non-EU participants)/ EHIC coverage (EU participants)
- 15 - 16 teaching hours per week in 4 consecutive teaching days
- Paid school holidays (except for the summer period)
- Welcome document and pre-departure assistance (visa process and bank account)
- Help with the police registration process
- Induction meeting in the region: initial training, orientation, and meeting with other participants
- ConversaSpain support while in Spain
- Access to a multimedia platform: MOOC course, resources, and information
- Certificate of completion at the end of the program (Regional Education Authority)
- Activities held under the supervision and guidance of school teachers
- Four different programs available (TEFL course and/or immersion week available if wanted)
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Take The Anglo 8-week summer Delta M2 course in Cancun, Mondays – Thursdays. Or the 4-week summer CELTA course in Puerto Vallarta. EARLY BIRD PRICES available now!www.cpda.anglo.mx
Train To Teach
We have over 20 years’ experience delivering full-time and part-time CELTA courses and have a 98% pass rate.Click to find out more.
Learn how to teach English confidently and get the most prestigious TEFL Certificate! Highly experienced and supportive team of tutors. Very high pass rate. Special price package with accommodation and airport pick up included.Click to find out more.
The only Trinity CertTESOL in Thailand. Certified and recognised worldwide. Beautiful location. Small groups.Teaching practice in real schools. Meals and accommodation included. Job Placement available on course completion.Click to find out more.
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel! Choose ITTO TEFL - TESOL Programs!Click to find out more.
Certificate & Master Diploma Courses. Courses include: Teaching Young Learners, One-to-One, Business English, Grammar Awareness and Teaching English Online. Full Tutor Support and Employment Assistance.Click to find out more.
Join our highly-rated, accredited course. Hands-on practice teaching with adults & children. TEFL-ize yourself with TEFL International Prague and acknowledge the advantages of small courses at a large family-run language school.Click to find out more.