Young Learner Coordinator
- Poland: Bielsko-Biala.
- International House Integra Bielsko Sp. z o.o.
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Details of Position
What does the job entail?
The YL Coordinator is responsible for delivering high-quality English lessons and providing day-to-day teacher support for other YL teachers. Your key responsibilities will include:
- 16 hrs of teaching a week
- Providing day-to-day teacher support and observation of YL classes
- Running input sessions on YL related areas
- Coordinating the development of resources for younger learners classes and maintaining them
- Liaising with parents over YL class issues when needed
- Creating/updating YL tests and curricula
- Assisting administration with the organisation of Parents Days and attendance at such
- Running State School Demonstration lessons
- Maintaining the schools discipline procedure, homework policy, absenteeism policy, overseeing the schools reward system and advising coursebooks
- Planning and running Kids Clubs and Teens Clubs
Do teachers get the support and assistance they need?
The quality of education a student receives is determined by the quality of the teacher so we are dedicated to you! We will strongly support you in all means possible. Some examples of these are regular training sessions, an orientation and induction week (prior to starting work), meetings, peer knowledge sharing and observations, quality resources such as laminated flashcards, a library of methodology books, music, art supplies, sporting equipment, toys and computer and office equipment, just to name a few.
What are the working hours?
Youll be contracted for 16 (+admin time) clock hours a week with most classes taking place in the afternoon / evening however split shifts may happen (max. 2 a week) and some 1-2-1 classes may be scheduled throughout the day.
*** to find out more go to our website (link below) ***
Why would a teacher want to live and teach in Bielsko-Biala?
We are located in the state of Silesia in the southern part of Poland. This is a great place to live because it has a lot to offer the modern day intrepid explorer, traveler or local resident -
* Enjoy rich natural beauty? - Miles and miles of wilderness pathways to enjoy on your own or with friends as we are situated at the foot of the Beskid Slaski and the Beskid Maly mountains. Were also a stones throw from Goczalkowice-Zdroj and Zywiec which are famous for their beautiful lakes.
* Love hiking? - Endless mountain walking trails and enchanting mountain refugees for overnight stays
* Ever skied or snowboarded? - Try our lower slopes or take a cable car to a higher point, only a 10 minute bus ride from the city centre and Let loose on one of Polands most renowned ski resorts, Szczyrk, only a 30 minute bus ride from the city centre.
* Looking for more? - We have something for everyone! Modern and large fitness centres and gyms, tennis, horse riding, pubs and night clubs, cinemas, clean and modern swimming pools, bowling, go-karting, mountain biking trails, ice-skiing, rollerblading, indoor wall climbing and jump parks, supermarkets and shopping malls, international cuisine, dancing centres, pottery workshops etc.
* Fancy visiting Slovakia or the Czech Republic? - Jump on a bus or train and you wont be disappointed, only a 30-60 minute bus or train ride from the city centre. How about Prague, Vienna or Bratislava - only 3-4 hrs by train or bus!
* Interested in historical architecture? - Wander around the city and admire our Art Nouveau, castle and old city area, we are known as Little Vienna.
* World War History Buff? - Visit the infamous Auschwitz-Birkenau Nazi concentration camp for the day, only 30 km from the city or explore Krakows Schindler Factory
* Like eating and shopping? - Visit our 4 large shopping centres or roam amongst our quaint boutiques and hidden cellar bars and cafes throughout the citys squares and cobblestoned alleyways. Indulge in our delicious local food (oscypek, kwasnica or oblaty).
* How about some large urban exploration? - Regular and daily buses, coaches & trains to Katowice (50 minutes), Krakow (90 minutes), Wroclaw (3 hours), Warsaw (4 hours), Gdansk (7 hours but well worth the journey time) and inhale the secret health benefits of the iodine saturated air or find some treasure (amber) on the Baltic seaside only 8 hours away
* Wish to fly home for a break? - The 2 closest airports Katowice-Pyrzowice (Domestic & European cities) and Krakow (Domestic, European & America), are only 80kms away
**** visit our website for more details!***
What about the schools history?
International House Bielsko-Biala has been successfully running since 1993 and is an authorized Cambridge English Examination Centre since 2003. First Steps (Nursery and Kindergarten) and Primary Steps (Primary School) are part of our community since the 2000s. All 3 of our schools have a solid reputation in our local community for the great care we offer our students, families and teachers alike.
Why choose us?
* Competitive teaching salary
* Free weekends
* Great social events to take part in (including a fun sleigh ride!)
* Opportunities for regular in-house training and professional development
* Satisfying job and great teacher support
* Great place to visit and experience in East Europe
- CELTYL/-P/-S or IH CYLT
- Experience in teaching English as a second language to young learners in an approved environment
- A clear and accurate model of English (C2, full mastery of English across all 4 skills)
- Experience in providing support and training to teachers of younger learner classes
- Due to visa and work permit requirements, we are only able to consider EU & USA passport holders.
Enthusiasm, a sense of humour and flexibility are also essential for this pivotal post. Additionally, you will have very good people, management and organisational skills be able to make on the spot decisions, be approachable and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
Salary and Benefits
* Competitive salary of 4200 4400 PLN (Polish Zloty) dependent on experience and qualifications
- 100 PLN for updating the Online Register
- 100 PLN for teachers holding CELTYL, IHCYLT or CELT-P/-S qualifications
*Additional payment for running the schools social events
* 20 working days of paid holiday for a full academic year including a Christmas break, a winter break in Jan/Feb, an Easter break and a long weekend in May
* flight or travel assistance of 300 PLN to help with relocation
* Ski pass valued at 400 PLN for a full academic year
* FREE: the opportunity to participate in the IH Language Awareness Course in 2019-2020. Free IH online and in-house training is available all year round.
* FREE: 10 survival Polish lessons (for teachers on full academic year contracts) .
* a competitive hourly rate (dependent on experience; + admin time)
* Additional payment for updating the Online Register
*Additional payment for running the schools social events
* Flight or travel assistance of 600 PLN for teachers traveling form the USA to help with relocation.
* FREE: the opportunity to participate in the IH Language Awareness Course in 2019-2020 as well as our in-house course on phonics.
*FREE: IH online and in-house training is available all year round.
*FREE: 10 survival Polish lessons (for teachers on full academic year contracts) .
International House Integra Bielsko Sp. z o.o.
More jobs from this recruiter
Click here to visit the International House Integra Bielsko Sp. z o.o. website
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Take The Anglo 8-week summer Delta M2 course in Cancun, Mondays – Thursdays. Or the 4-week summer CELTA course in Puerto Vallarta. EARLY BIRD PRICES available now!www.cpda.anglo.mx
Train To Teach
Certificate & Master Diploma Courses. Courses include: Teaching Young Learners, One-to-One, Business English, Grammar Awareness and Teaching English Online. Full Tutor Support and Employment Assistance.Click to find out more.
Join our highly-rated, accredited course. Hands-on practice teaching with adults & children. TEFL-ize yourself with TEFL International Prague and acknowledge the advantages of small courses at a large family-run language school.Click to find out more.
3 month internationally recognised and accredited course with the Global English Teaching (GET) Academy. Includes 300 hours Teaching Practice in real Austrian classrooms. Apply NOW!Click to find out more.
Looking for an opportunity to expand your career choices at home or abroad, fund your travels or attain an internationally-recognised TESOL qualification? If yes, then one of our flagship TESOL courses could be for you! BA (Hons) TESOL & Linguistics MA Education with TESOL.Click to find out more.
Take The Anglo 8-week summer Delta M2 course in Cancun, Mondays – Thursdays. Or the 4-week summer CELTA course in Puerto Vallarta. EARLY BIRD PRICES available now!Click to find out more.