International Education Director/ English Debate Teacher
- China: Guangzhou, Shenzhen.
- Elite Journey UK Limited
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 3
- Degree Required
Details of Position
Our projects for 2019 are listed below. CSSC standds for Cambridge Summer Schools in China. Each International Education Director will work on a selection from the following:
- CSSC English Debate Competition, Guangzhou and Shenzhen
- CSSC Summer Camp, Guangzhou
- CSSC Debate Carnival, Guangzhou, Shenzhen&HK, Beijing, Qingdao Lake
- CSSC Pre-University Camp, Guangzhou and Shenzhen
- CSSC Green Camp, Bali
- CSSC PBL Camp, Japan
- CSSC Summer/Winter Exchange and Study Visits, UK, America, Australia
- CSSC UK-Chinese Debate Competition, Cambridge
The main responsibilities of the International Education Director will be:
- Overseeing the teaching, curriculum development and logistics of your dedicated camps
- Overseeing the teaching directors and teachers for your dedicated camps
- Aiding teachers, and teaching directors in their visit to China, from visa applications, to arrival at the camp, to post-camp payments.
- Active involvement in marketing for the camps to recruit both teachers and Chinese students. This will include WeChat seminars, information sessions, trial classes, facebook marketing and other such promotional activities.
- Overseeing, and judging of the CSSC English Debate Competition in China at Easter
- Other related CSSC activities as and when they arise
- Have good time management
- Have good people management and team work
- Enjoy working collaboratively
- Enjoy working with students
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Be confident
- Be keen to get actively involved in the Elite Journey team, share ideas and aim to improve & refine CSSC activities.
- Have passion and experience for teaching English Debate or Model United Nations (not required but a big plus)
- Native level English Speaker
Salary and Benefits
Living costs in China are very cheap, and you can expect to find a fully equipped apartment in central Guangzhou for around 3200RMB per month.
Taking on this position would involve making the exciting transition to China. Elite Journey would provide all the help needed to find a fully equipped apartment in Central Guangzhou, close to the offices, and to the schools that we use. Elite Journey will also provide all the guidance and documents required to secure your working visas, bank accounts and phone contracts, as well as reimbursements for all formal documentation required to work in China.
Once you move to China, Elite Journey will provide you with a fully immersive experience to help you settle into the culture; this will include cultural activities and Mandarin lessons, as well as other personal development courses in business to help you further understand the economic landscape.
Elite Journey has business in multiple cities across China, in Bali, and in the UK. All flights and travel outside of normal commutes will be fully covered by Elite Journey.
As Elite Journey is a start-up company, opportunities may arise, after a successful period of work, to hold shares in the company.
Basic Monthly Salary: CNY 18,000/month
Bonus: CNY 2000-4000/month
40 hours/week to include weekends when required.
No more than 8 hours per normal working day
- Summer Camps
According to the requirements of the camp. Normal working hours for the camp will be 08:00 to 23:00
Flexible, according to the requirements of the company
Payment for overtime is subject to arrangement and will be incorporated into the monthly bonus.
Become TEFL qualified in relaxed, sunny Madrid. 120-hour, 4-week course. Observed teaching practice.
Observed teaching practice. With over 30 schools in Spain, guaranteed job-offer for top-graduates. Excellent value for money at only 990€. Change your life for the better!Click to find out more.
Become TEFL qualified in sunny Malaga in southern Spain or wonderful Rome. Get your passport to live and work in Spain, Italy or anywhere around the globe. EARLY BIRD FEE!Click to find out more.
Certificate & Master Diploma Courses. Courses include: Teaching Young Learners, One-to-One, Business English, Grammar Awareness and Teaching English Online. Full Tutor Support and Employment Assistance.Click to find out more.