Summer School EFL Teacher
- United Kingdom: Hertford.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT CLUB
Responds to Over 90% of job applications usually within 2 days
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 6
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
We offer highly competitive salaries from £500 p/w + holiday pay and full board. Successful applicants will join a friendly team of 12 teachers and will be supported by an experienced director of studies and senior teacher. Great organisational skills, a positive attitude and flexibility are essential.
Details of Position
The duration of the course is 5 weeks. However, there are various contract lengths between 5/7/19 and 11/8/19, teaching for 27 or 15 hours per week. This is a residential post and all staff are expected to supervise students in their houses on a rota basis.
We are proud of our British Council accredited status, with 9 noted areas of strength, and hope that prospective teachers would seek to maintain the high standards that we set ourselves in delivering a dynamic and interesting course to our students.
You will be responsible for planning fun, but effective, lessons using the ISC syllabus, ensuring that students get as much communicative practice as possible. Dedicated ISC course plans and materials have been devised for all levels. New teachers are welcome to use this large bank of resources or tailor them to meet their students' needs using their own material or using our resource library. As we have a large contingent of returning staff each year, new teachers will benefit from the experience and support of our close-knit, friendly team.
Staff live on campus for the duration of the course and will be roomed on corridors with students nearby. All staff take turns being responsible for a nightly register of students. However, there are experienced heads of house who will be responsible for the general running of the boarding houses. Teachers also take part in activity sessions each week. 27-hr teachers will do 5 activity sessions, 15-hr teachers will do 10 activity sessions p/wk.
As the safety and well-being of our students is paramount:
* All staff, at all times, have a legal responsibility to adhere to our strict safeguarding policy. This includes when on campus, but not actually working.
* There is pre-course, paid induction training for all staff to ensure you are fully aware of all responsibilities and the general day-today running of the school. Attendance of induction days is compulsory. Candidates unable to attend will unfortunately not be recruited. This year the induction weekend begins on Friday 5th July 2019.
* All references will be followed up without exception
* Referees will be asked specifically if there is any reason why you should not be allowed to work with under 18s
* Proof of identity and all relevant qualifications will need to be seen prior to employment
* All candidates will need to provide a certificate of good conduct from their local police force (if currently working abroad).
* ISC will carry out out and pay for an Enhanced DBS check for candidates residing in the UK.
* Teaching experience: at least 2 years.
* Candidates with previous residential summer school experience would be desirable.
* Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
Salary and Benefits
* Teacher Salary: £500 p/w
* All staff receive free full-board accommodation
* Statutory holiday pay at 12.07%
* Pre-course, paid induction training, starting on Friday 5th July
* Online Safeguarding training
* Weekly professional development sessions
* Returner's bonus of £20 p/wk
* Staff who are given extra residential responsibilities will be paid an extra £30 p/w
* Full support from senior management and senior teacher with any new aspects of the course
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT CLUB
More Company Information
More jobs from this recruiter
Click here to visit the INTERNATIONAL STUDENT CLUB website
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Take The Anglo 8-week summer Delta M2 course in Cancun, Mondays – Thursdays. Or the 4-week summer CELTA course in Puerto Vallarta. EARLY BIRD PRICES available now!www.cpda.anglo.mx
Train To Teach
Take The Anglo 8-week summer Delta M2 course in Cancun, Mondays – Thursdays. Or the 4-week summer CELTA course in Puerto Vallarta. EARLY BIRD PRICES available now!Click to find out more.
TEFL Worldwide offers the Internationally Recognized and Accredited 4-week TEFL Course in Prague! Lifetime job assistance provided worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries! Highly rated by language schools and graduates.Click to find out more.
We have over 20 years’ experience delivering full-time and part-time CELTA courses and have a 98% pass rate.Click to find out more.
Learn how to teach English confidently and get the most prestigious TEFL Certificate! Highly experienced and supportive team of tutors. Very high pass rate. Special price package with accommodation and airport pick up included.Click to find out more.
The only Trinity CertTESOL in Thailand. Certified and recognised worldwide. Beautiful location. Small groups.Teaching practice in real schools. Meals and accommodation included. Job Placement available on course completion.Click to find out more.
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel! Choose ITTO TEFL - TESOL Programs!Click to find out more.