Native Level English Teachers Wanted for International School in Jeddah
- Deadline: Tue 30 Apr 2019 00:00:00 GMT
- Saudi Arabia: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia .
- Dar Alfikr Schools
- Experience: 3 YEARS
- Positions: 2
- Degree Required
Details of Position
The daily work schedule is from 7 am till 3:10 pm. Teachers are required to teach a minimum of 22 contact hours per week, with each lesson being no longer than 55 minutes. In addition to this, the teacher is expected to keep office hours and dedicate some time each week for exam proctoring, training, staff meetings, school events and other support activities.
As a teacher in the school, you are expected to prepare daily lesson plans and supplementary learning materials. You are mainly responsible for teaching, student assessment, grading homework and exams, and may be required to provide remedial instruction from time to time. You may be asked to provide some of your lesson plans to the head of the department, or you may be observed in the classroom by your peers or members of the school administration. We require that our teachers engage in training and professional development while they are with us, and help coach and train their colleagues when needed. We are far from perfect, but were always seeking to improve ourselves. We hope you can be part of that improvement journey. If you are looking for a challenging yet rewarding career option then this is the right job for you.
Note: Since this teaching position is in the all male section of the school, we are currently looking for male candidates only. Female teachers may inquire about available teaching jobs by sending an e-mail with a copy of their CV.
(1) Bachelor Degree in English from an accredited institution of higher learning in the US, Canada, UK or Australia.
(2) Valid Teaching credential, TEFL Certificate or CELTA
(3) At least 3 years of teaching experience, preferably in an international school setting, at an IGCSE/IB school or American diploma program in a foreign country.
(4) Fluency in English with a preference given to native level speakers.
(5) Firm knowledge in and experience with MS word and Excel.
(6) Experience with modern online learning resources, SMART boards, tablets, and any educational technology tools that can be used in a contemporary classroom.
The Ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
M.A. in Education with a focus on teaching English as a Second Language
BA in English or BS in Linguistics with a good academic record
Two years experience in teaching English as a foreign or second language
A valid US teaching credential or teaching license
Two years of experience in using educational technology in the classroom
At least one year of experience teaching English language arts, Academic Writing, Literature or Humanities within an American curriculum
AdvancED membership or background in AdvancED standards and norms
Good work ethic and a constructive attitude toward the job
Respect school regulations, the administration, and fellow employees
Emotional Intelligence and interpersonal skills
Be flexible with a proactive, practical mind set
Be respectful of local traditions, laws, and customs
Positive, friendly attitude
Experience with special-needs kids or kids with learning disabilities
Fluency in the Arabic language or high proficiency in spoken and written Arabic.
Salary and Benefits
- 45 days paid summer vacation plus other national and religious holidays.
- Multiple entry Saudi work visa for the employee and their spouse. The visa processing costs will be provided by the school. The medical checkup fees should be paid by the employee.
- Round-trip ticket airfare
- Transportation and airport pickup.
- Medical insurance.
- Housing and daily transportation stipend.
- One daily meal in the school cafeteria during regular working hours.
Dar Alfikr Schools
More Company Information
Click here to visit the
Dar Alfikr Schools website
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
3 month internationally recognized and accredited course with the Global English Teaching (GET) Academy. Includes 300 hours of Teaching Practice in real Austrian classrooms. Apply NOW!Click to find out more.
Looking for an opportunity to expand your career choices at home or abroad, fund your travels or attain an internationally-recognised TESOL qualification? If yes, then one of our flagship TESOL courses could be for you! BA (Hons) TESOL & Linguistics MA Education with TESOL.Click to find out more.
Take a Cambridge CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL course with Cactus and get a guaranteed interview. Choose from teaching positions in the UK, Spain and China, among others!Click to find out more.
TEFL Worldwide offers the Internationally Recognized and Accredited 4-week TEFL Course in Prague! Lifetime job assistance provided worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries! Highly rated by language schools and graduates.Click to find out more.
We have over 20 years’ experience delivering full-time and part-time CELTA courses and have a 98% pass rate.Click to find out more.
Learn how to teach English confidently and get the most prestigious TEFL Certificate! Highly experienced and supportive team of tutors. Very high pass rate. Special price package with accommodation and airport pick up included.Click to find out more.