- United Kingdom: London (Colindale, Kentish Town, Camden Town, Willesden).
- Stay Campus London
- Experience: NO PREFERENCE
- Positions: 15
SCL teachers have high expectations of their learners and love creating and sharing their own fun and dynamic lessons with each other in a rewarding and supportive development culture. Our friendly and dedicated Academic Team are never too busy to give you a hand.
Details of Position
- General English classes (newly graduated CELTA candidates welcomed)
- Cambridge First exam preparation classes (previous experience preferred)
- Cambridge Advanced exam preparation classes (previous experience preferred)
- IELTS exam preparation classes (previous experience preferred)
Successful candidates for General English classes will deliver engaging, interactive English language lessons to international classes of young learners, teenagers and young adults, maximising student interest and motivation.
Successful candidates for the Summer Exam Preparation courses will be required to prepare Italian high-school students to pass the Cambridge First and Advanced examinations, aiming to achieve an average class pass rate of 90% in July and August exam sessions.
In addition, motivated candidates will have the opportunity to lead excursions to places of cultural and historical interest in and around London, such as museums, galleries and parks.
All successful candidates are expected to:
- Create and deliver engaging lessons and promote an enthusiasm for learning
- Ensure that personal learning objectives are fulfilled within a motivating and fun group learning dynamic
- Correct all classwork and homework exercises
- Adhere to British Council guidelines and best practice
- Keep correct and detailed records of student performance and progress
- Provide a safe, positive learning environment for all students at all times
SCL's four purpose-built London campuses allow students to live and learn English under one roof. Our spacious, brand-new residential facilities are perfect for studying, relaxing and socialising. We have more than 50 classrooms fitted with state-of-the-art interactive smart screens that offer a stylish, comfortable and unique learning environment.
SCL believe in a communicative approach to learning designed to maximise the time students spend speaking English. Our learners are encouraged to discover new language by engaging in structured, personalised tasks that reflect the practical, professional and social situations they will encounter in real life.
Please note, all selected candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and sign a Declaration of Suitability to Work with Children prior to their appointment.
All candidates are required to complete Level 1 Safeguarding training prior to their appointment.
Proof of identity and qualifications, as well as eligibility to work in the UK, will be required at the interview. References will be followed up, and any gaps in employment will need to be explained.
Successful candidates must also be prepared to attend an unpaid induction session prior to their contract start date.
Email addresses and contact phone numbers of two referees must be provided. At least one referee must be a current or previous employer. Both referees will be asked if there is any specific reason why candidates may not be employed to work with persons under the age of 18.
- Required qualifications:
- Cambridge CELTA, Cambridge DELTA, Cambridge DELTA Distance, Cambridge CELTYL, Trinity CertTESOL, Trinity DipTESOL, Trinity Joint Cert TESOL, Trinity TEYL, BA TEFL, MA TEFL, Cambridge CELTA Online.
- Native level English speaker preferred
- Current location:
- United Kingdom
Applicants interested in teaching General English courses are not required to hold a degree. Ideally, they will have proven teaching experience with children, teenagers and young adults.
Applicants interested in teaching on Cambridge Advanced, Cambridge First, and IELTS courses must be graduates and, ideally, will have had experience in Cambridge Suite and IELTS exam preparation classes. Ideally, they will have proven teaching experience with teenagers and young adults.
While no previous experience leading excursions is requested, ideally candidates will be familiar with London's main sites of historical and cultural interest.
While non-native speakers of English are welcome to apply, all applicants must be proficient English speakers holding a valid certificate or test report attesting to a CEFR level of C2.
Desirable Personal Qualities:
- Ability to build rapport with classes of young learners and teens
- Imagination and creativity
- Problem-solving skills
- Empathy and patience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Deadline adherence and time management
Salary and Benefits
Start dates: Monday, 1st July 2019 / Monday, 8th July 2019 / Monday, 15th July 2019 / Monday, 22nd July 2019
Hourly rate for CELTA or equivalent level-five qualified teachers is £17.50 per contact hour, including holiday pay.
DELTA or equivalent level-six qualified teachers' basic hourly rate is £19.20 per contact hour, including holiday pay.
Stay Campus London
More Company Information
More jobs from this recruiter
Click here to visit the Stay Campus London website
Take The Anglo 8-week summer Delta M2 course in Cancun, Mondays – Thursdays. Or the 4-week summer CELTA course in Puerto Vallarta. EARLY BIRD PRICES available now!Click to find out more.
Become TEFL qualified in relaxed, sunny Madrid. 120-hour, 4-week course. Observed teaching practice.
Observed teaching practice. With over 30 schools in Spain, guaranteed job-offer for top-graduates. Excellent value for money at only 990€. Change your life for the better!Click to find out more.
Become TEFL qualified in sunny Malaga in southern Spain or wonderful Rome. Get your passport to live and work in Spain, Italy or anywhere around the globe. EARLY BIRD FEE!Click to find out more.