Summer Teaching Jobs - Attractive locations and salaries
- United Kingdom: London, Cheltenham, Ramsgate, Dover, York, Bath.
- Churchill House
- Experience: NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Positions: 50
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
We have vacancies at several locations including London, Cheltenham, Ramsgate, Dover, York, and Bath
Teachers can expect to teach 15 hours per week (except in Ramsgate) and must genuinely enjoy working with young people as you'll also be involved in running activities and leading excursions when not teaching. All our staff are also expected to take part in student supervision/care work, for instance supervising them in the accommodation buildings, at meal times and at lights out.
Please download and read the job description carefully it is available from our website (link below). To apply, please send a TEFL.COM application with a covering email or send a covering email and a full CV.
We are also recruiting qualified and experienced management staff for our centres. If you are interested in taking a step up, please read the job descriptions on our website.
You must genuinely enjoy working with young people as all our staff are also expected to play an active role in student supervision/care work, for instance supervising them in the accommodation buildings, at meal times and at lights out. You must also have a professional attitude to working with children and young people
Our Safer Recruitment Policy:
Churchill House is committed to providing a safe, secure environment for its students and expects all employees to have a positive attitude towards the care of students and play a full role in implementing all our Safeguarding policies.
As part of our safer recruitment policy all potential employees will be required to:
- Submit a full chronological CV. You will be required to explain any gaps in your employment history.
- Provide the contact details of two suitable professional referees. All references will be taken up and asked specifically about your suitability to work with under 18 year olds. We may also approach your other former employers. Personal references are not usually acceptable.
- Undergo an Enhanced DBS check, unless currently enrolled in the DBS update scheme
- Overseas residents will be required to provide a recent certificate of good conduct (COGC) from the relevant local authority in their country of residence.
- All employees will be required to sign a Children Act declaration to state that they are not barred from working with minors.
- All employees will be expected to provide proof of identity and all relevant qualifications (originals only) photocopies will be taken for our records.
All offers of employment are subject to the successful completion of this process.
Salary and Benefits
Centre Managers: £760-£810 per week + holiday pay
Directors of Studies: £695-£725 + holiday pay
Note: Teacher salaries quoted include a contract completion bonus of £15-£40 per week conditional on the successful completion of the full term of the contract and paid in the final salary. Management Salaries quoted include maximum performance-related bonus.
Returning staff from 2017/2018 may also receive an additional returner bonus
See job descriptions for details.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
The only Trinity CertTESOL in Thailand. Certified and recognised worldwide. Beautiful location. Small groups.Teaching practice in real schools. Meals and accommodation included. Job Placement available on course completion.Click to find out more.
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel! Choose ITTO TEFL - TESOL Programs!Click to find out more.
Join our highly-rated, accredited course. Hands-on practice teaching with adults & children. TEFL-ize yourself with TEFL International Prague and acknowledge the advantages of small courses at a large family-run language school.Click to find out more.
3 month internationally recognised and accredited course with the Global English Teaching (GET) Academy. Includes 300 hours Teaching Practice in real Austrian classrooms. Apply NOW!Click to find out more.
Looking for an opportunity to expand your career choices at home or abroad, fund your travels or attain an internationally-recognised TESOL qualification? If yes, then one of our flagship TESOL courses could be for you! BA (Hons) TESOL & Linguistics MA Education with TESOL.Click to find out more.