Director of Studies, Senior Teachers & English Language Teachers
- Deadline: Sun 30 Jun 2019 00:00:00 GMT
- United Kingdom: London, Kent, Colchester, Leeds, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Ayr.
- St Andrew's College Language Schools Ltd
- Experience: 3 YEARS
- Positions: 10
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
We are looking for friendly, motivated staff for all positions working with students aged 11-18.
Residential and non-residential positions are available, and our centres run for 4 to 9 weeks
Details of Position
The Director of Studies is responsible for the implementation and administration of all aspects of the academic programme, including the management of the teaching team and their performance.
This is a management position and therefore, you should expect a demanding workload. It can also be a residential position. If an applicant chooses to take the residential option, duties may include assisting with supervision of students in the halls of residence and he/she should be available at agreed times to assist, if required.
The role of a DOS incorporates the following:
With the other members of the management team, ensuring that a high quality programme is delivered, following our guidelines closely.
Overall management of the academic programme and the teaching team, ensuring that it is of the highest possible standard so that the students derive the maximum benefit from their course
Ensuring that lessons and activities are integrated, following our syllabus and guidelines
Safety and welfare of all students at all times
On the application form, you will be required to sign a form declaring details of any criminal convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings, and any other information that may have a bearing on your suitability for the post. Furthermore, if your application is successful, you will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Scotland background check / DBS to work in England. (Payable by the employee)
1. Educated to degree level (Level 6) +
2. Cambridge DELTA* or Trinity College London, Dip TESOL* or
PGCE TEFL/TESOL* or a taught post-graduate course (MA equivalent) in TEFL/TESOL, including at
least 6 hours of supervised teaching practice
3. At least 3 years full-time EFL experience.
4. Awareness of the responsibilities of working with students who are under the age of 18.
1. Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
2. Over three years full-time EFL experience
3. Proven competence in academic leadership
4. Proven people management skills
5. Able to adapt quickly to change
6. Proven competence in administration
7. Computer literate and able to deal with large amounts of data.
8. Smart personal appearance
Salary and Benefits
Hours: 35 - 42 hours per week
Duration: Summer 2019
St Andrew's College Language Schools Ltd
More Company Information
Click here to visit the
St Andrew's College Language Schools Ltd website
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel! Choose ITTO TEFL - TESOL Programs!Click to find out more.
Certificate & Master Diploma Courses. Courses include: Teaching Young Learners, One-to-One, Business English, Grammar Awareness and Teaching English Online. Full Tutor Support and Employment Assistance.Click to find out more.
Join our highly-rated, accredited course. Hands-on practice teaching with adults & children. TEFL-ize yourself with TEFL International Prague and acknowledge the advantages of small courses at a large family-run language school.Click to find out more.
Take a Cambridge CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL course with Cactus and get a guaranteed interview. Choose from teaching positions in the UK, Spain and China, among others!Click to find out more.