Residential EFL & TEFLQ Teachers required for Stonyhurst Language School 2019
- Deadline: Mon 05 Mar 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- United Kingdom: Lancashire.
- Stonyhurst Language School
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 5
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
Stonyhurst Language School offers two consecutive 2-week English Language Courses for 10-16 year old international students. Course One will run from Friday 5th July - Friday 19th July 2019 and Course Two from Friday 19th July - Friday 2nd August 2019.
Each 2-week course will include 23 hours of high quality English teaching per week. It will be delivered at 5 levels: Elementary / Pre-Intermediate / Intermediate / Upper Intermediate / Advanced. The maximum class size will be 12 and all students will take an assessment test on arrival. Although there is a good range of teaching materials and resources teachers will be expected to plan their own lessons and produce materials of their own to supplement their lessons. Each day will focus on a different topic and teachers will choose materials to create their lessons for that day.
To view the full Job Description please visit our website (link below).
1. An RSA CELTA qualification, or a Trinity TESOL certificate or equivalent.
2. The TEFLI (TEFL initiated) qualification will have at least 100 hours instruction at a British Council accredited teacher training school, 6 hours practical teaching assessment which has to be externally modified by a British Council accepted examining body such as Cambridge and Trinity, as well as including assessments of written assignments.
3. TEFLQ candidates will have a TEFLQ qualification, (Cambridge DELTA or Trinity DipTESOL or equivalent).
4. A first degree
5. A high standard of spoken and written English equivalent to CEF level C2/CPE/IELTS 8-0.
6. EFL Candidates - One years uninterrupted EFL teaching experience or if you are a newly qualified teacher you must have a CELTA pass A or B.
TEFLQ Candidates - Five year's uninterrupted EFL teaching experience.
7. A willingness to undertake duties other than teaching if required.
8. To be available for up to the full 4 week period, including a full-day induction, (period of employment will be from July 4th to either July 19th or August 2nd)
Desirable but not essential are:
1. Experience of working with teenagers whose first language is not English.
2. Computer literate.
3. Enthusiastic and adaptable.
4. Experience of teaching teenagers in either a Language School or year-round academic school.
5. Experience of working in a Summer Language School
Salary and Benefits
EFL initiated (TEFLI) teachers salary is £464.00 per week maximum (subject to qualifications and experience).
In addition, attendance at the pre-course Induction Day will be paid on a pro rata basis, as will the statutory holiday entitlement.
The hours to be worked average 48 hours per week over the 2 week course. This includes time allocated to preparation, marking and administration. There will be a day off each week incorporated into the timetable for all EFL Teachers.
The salary includes private, single room with shared bathroom accommodation and the provision of all meals for the duration of your contract. In the interests of creating a strong team atmosphere at the summer school, we do prefer staff to stay at the College, although we will consider a non-residential option in exceptional circumstances. However, there will be no alteration in the salary for staff who prefer to reside outside the College.
Stonyhurst Language School
More Company Information
Click here to visit the
Stonyhurst Language School website
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Certificate & Master Diploma Courses. Courses include: Teaching Young Learners, One-to-One, Business English, Grammar Awareness and Teaching English Online. Full Tutor Support and Employment Assistance.Click to find out more.
Join our highly-rated, accredited course. Hands-on practice teaching with adults & children. TEFL-ize yourself with TEFL International Prague and acknowledge the advantages of small courses at a large family-run language school.Click to find out more.
Take a Cambridge CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL course with Cactus and get a guaranteed interview. Choose from teaching positions in the UK, Spain and China, among others!Click to find out more.