Residential EFL Teachers - Summer School
- United Kingdom: Oxford, Bournemouth.
- Summer Boarding Courses Ltd
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 20
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
All SBC Teachers receive £550 per week plus full board, paid preparation session, 3-day induction, CPD sessions, uniform.
Teaching staff will be based at one of our British Council Accredited residential summer courses in Oxford and Bournemouth.
Details of Position
In 2018, The British Council awarded SBC the maximum number of Strengths in the 15 areas it assesses. As a result, SBC became the first and only multicentre summer school provider to be awarded 15 out of 15 areas of strength in a full inspection, thereby confirming us as one of the foremost course providers in the UK.
We are currently recruiting for the following courses at our SUMMER SCHOOLS:
• General English
• Summer Study
• Introduction to STEM
• Introduction to Business
• Introduction to International Relations
Teachers work a 14-session week, with a session being either a morning, afternoon or evening.
• 5 are spent in the classroom
• 8 are spent helping with the Social Programme
• 1 is a preparation session
• Staff are also expected to oversee the safety and wellbeing of the students during meals, break times, in the boarding houses and at night.
All teachers will receive one full day off per week.
• Teach lessons using the SBC syllabus and other appropriate materials
• Prepare and keep class lists, records of work, class registers and prepare reports
• Attend to the individual needs of students to ensure that maximum benefit is gained from their time with SBC
• Manage the classroom behaviour effectively and ensure all students participate
• Attend teacher and meetings as requested by the summer school management
• Be observed by the Director of Studies and if necessary, the Academic Manager
• Engage fully in the activity programme, leading, assisting and taking part in activities
• Lead groups of students on excursions, following pre-planned itineraries
• Ensure that the students are safe and engaged in the activity or excursion
All members of staff have a general duty to care for the students at the summer school and as such will be expected to carry out the following duties:
• Assist with meal time and break time supervision when required;
• Support House Parent when doing the allocated days House Duty, including wake-up, escorting students around the school, supervising students while in the houses and lights-out;
• Help ensure that the students do not breach the rules of the school;
• Assist at any time, whether on duty or not, with an emergency situation, or where a student is ill or injured;
• Engage with the students outside of classes and assigned activity sessions in a friendly and professional manner.
In accordance with the British Council accreditation scheme, all SBC Teachers must possess the required qualifications outlined below.
• Educated to degree level or above
• Trinity CertTESOL or CELTA, and/or Primary QTS or PGCE in English/modern languages with ELT/TESOL subsidiary
• 1+ year's professional teaching experience in the subject (or topics covered in the syllabus)
• Passion for working with young learners
• Previous residential summer school experience;
• Experience of leading students in an extracurricular capacity;
• An interest in sports / arts & crafts / music / drama;
• First Aid, Life Guard and any sporting qualifications advantageous.
Please note; as a large part of the teaching role is spent engaging and leading students outside the classroom and in the Activity & Social Programme, applicants who can discuss their suitability in these areas will be at an advantage.
Salary and Benefits
• £550 per week, which includes holiday allowance at 12.07% of basic pay, plus accommodation on-site and full board, preparation session and one full day off per week;
• Paid Enhanced DBS Check
• Experienced and supportive Director of Studies
• Online safeguarding and working with international children training
• Extensive, paid, on-site training prior to student arrival
• Professional, fun and supportive environment
• Opportunities for progression
Due to the expected high volume of applicants only applications suiting the needs and requirements of the post can be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
SBC Oxford Summer School - Students aged 8 to 12: 12th July to 12th August 2019
SBC Canford Summer School - Students aged 11 to 15: 5th July to 12th August 2019*
Headington Oxford Summer School - Students aged 13 to 16: 12th July to 19th August 2019*
* A small number of shorter contracts are available
The above dates include 3 days paid induction and training. Please refer to our website for further information about SBC.
SHOULD YOU BE SUCCESSFUL...
• We will require the details of two recent and relevant referees who we will contact.
• Any gaps in your CV will be enquired about and must be explained satisfactorily.
• You will be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check (previously called a Criminal Records Bureau check), and equivalent if living outside the UK, and you will be asked to sign the Children Act 1989 declaration safeguarding the welfare of children, and state that you have no known reason why you cannot work with children.
• Official identification and certificates (either originals or certified copies) will be required for our records.
Summer Boarding Courses is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We have a comprehensive Child Protection Policy and procedures in place which all employees, volunteers and contractors are expected to adhere to.
**Please note we can only consider applicants who are already eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
Summer Boarding Courses Ltd
More Company Information
Click here to visit the
Summer Boarding Courses Ltd website
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Take a Cambridge CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL course with Cactus and get a guaranteed interview. Choose from teaching positions in the UK, Spain and China, among others!Click to find out more.
TEFL Worldwide offers the Internationally Recognized and Accredited 4-week TEFL Course in Prague! Lifetime job assistance provided worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries! Highly rated by language schools and graduates.Click to find out more.
We have over 20 years’ experience delivering full-time and part-time CELTA courses and have a 98% pass rate.Click to find out more.
Our highly rated, accredited courses will help you access 1,000s of international and online teaching opportunities. Learn how to teach TEFL and book your course today.Click to find out more.
Build up your classroom confidence: assessed teaching practice, individual help, support and professional feedback by experienced Cambridge CELTA tutors. Very high pass rate. Register now and get EARLY BIRD discount. Special package with accommodation included.Click to find out more.
Accredited Course, Live Teaching Practice, Full Board & Accommodation in Beautiful Hotels included. Over 800 Graduates a Year. 200 Scholarships still Available! Apply and Save NowClick to find out more.
The only Trinity CertTESOL in Thailand. Certified and recognised worldwide. Beautiful location. Small groups.Teaching practice in real schools. Meals and accommodation included. Job Placement available on course completion.Click to find out more.