Public Schools in South Korea
- Deadline: Fri 29 Mar 2019 00:00:00 GMT
- South Korea: Gyeongnam.
- Korean Horizons
- Experience: NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Positions: 50
- Degree Required
High salary, low living costs, high savings. Return-flight allowance provided, rent-free studio apartment provided, 18 working days + 15 paid national holidays provided.
No experience required. Assistance provided throughout employment contract.
Google us and check our reputation
Details of Position
Hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday (no weekends). There are 22 classes that you are required to teach. 1 class is 40mins for an elementary school, 45mins for a middle school and 50mins for a high school.
No experience is required and you will work with co-teachers who have a background in education, so you will have a high learning curve + in 12 months more doors will open with the creditability you will have working for an EPIK school.
1. Be a citizen of the UK, the UK, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand, Australia or South Africa and to have been educated there since grade 7.(visa requirement)
2. To hold a bachelor in any field. If your major isn't education, you need a TEFL/TESOL certificate of at least 100hrs.
3. A clear criminal background.
Salary and Benefits
Income tax is zero for all except those from Ireland and Canada.
Rent-free single furnished apartment near your school
300,000 won one-time settlement allowance
Round-trip airfare allowance of 2,600,000 won
18 working (not calendar) days paid vacation + national holidays (5 weeks in total)
1 month salary bonus on completion of contract
Sick paid leave allowance
Special leave allowance
1 week additional paid vacation (6 weeks in total) if you renew your contract after the first year + increase in pay + renewal bonus 2.0m won
Korean co-teacher to assist with your classes
As a Korean Horizons Teacher, you will also receive :
1. Airport pickup by us personally, hotel (a BUSINESS Hotel not a Love Hotel!) for 1 evening & transport to the education office / school.
2. Free Dinner and breakfast together with us + all of the arrival teachers
3. Introduction pack (including a Travel Adapter, a Travel Card, a Travel Guide, a Phrasebook & other goodies)
4. Order anything you like using our interest-free Supermarket credit service from any online Korean store & pay us back once you get paid your salary.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Certificate & Master Diploma Courses. Courses include: Teaching Young Learners, One-to-One, Business English, Grammar Awareness and Teaching English Online. Full Tutor Support and Employment Assistance.Click to find out more.
Join our highly-rated, accredited course. Hands-on practice teaching with adults & children. TEFL-ize yourself with TEFL International Prague and acknowledge the advantages of small courses at a large family-run language school.Click to find out more.
Take a Cambridge CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL course with Cactus and get a guaranteed interview. Choose from teaching positions in the UK, Spain and China, among others!Click to find out more.