Teach with Sonic | Outstanding job package | Great schedule | Amazing local team
- Deadline: Tue 31 Dec 2019 00:00:00 GMT
- China: Wuhan - Wuchang District.
- Sonic English
- Experience: NO PREFERENCE
- Positions: 5
- Degree Required
Job Title: Sonic ESL Teacher
Start Date: ASAP & continually hiring throughout 2019
Gross Package: 19,000 RMB - 22,000 RMB / month
Details of Position
* 22 teaching hours / week!
* 4 training hours / week!
* 0 office hours / week!
* 0 lesson prep hours / week!
Schedule & Holidays:
* Work 5 days / week
* At least 6 scheduled paid weeks off / year
- These include (1) Chinese holidays, (2) Christmas Eve and Day, (3) long holidays in February and August, (4) various other days off
About the company:
Sonic English is an English training center for students aged 4 - 12. There are 12 kids per class, and we maintain a playful yet professional environment. We take kids from the very basics of English to near fluency before middle school. Besides the great hour to salary ratio, the best part about Sonic is our team. The full-time Chinese staff is made up of kind, sociable, and very talented people. Many of them had years of experience at other training schools before they switched to Sonic for our company culture / environment. We all value reading, growing, and staying healthy. In fact, the team does yoga together on Tuesdays and Thursdays (you have an option to join, too) because we believe that maintaining a good state of mind will reflect in our teaching and life satisfaction.
See videos from Sonic English on YouTube here:
About the city:
Wuhan, China has 10 million+ people and over 1 million university students. The city has 7 subway lines with at least 10 more in development. Sonic is located in Wuchang (a district of Wuhan filled with universities) near the South Central University of Law and Economics. The city is much more affordable than Beijing and Shanghai, and has almost everything those cities have with great food, parks, nightlife, mega malls, and ridiculously fast development.
Learn more about the city here:
Who the job is for:
1. Teachers that want an amazing work schedule / salary ratio
2. Teachers that like having free time to explore
3. Teachers that do their best at every moment. (When working, they work their best. When not working, they seize life's moments.)
4. Teachers that truly desire to see their students grow
5. Teachers that truly desire to make themselves grow
6. Teachers that have passion, energy, positivity, professionalism and cultural awareness
7. Teachers that can use their free time productively (for example: exercising, learning a skill, getting an online MA, anything)
8. And most importantly, a personality of bringing people up. When everyone at Sonic builds one another up, we all experience compounding benefits.
1. Leading children in learning and loving English
2. Leading children in character development
3. Implementing techniques and standards acquired from training
4. Teaching the course contents (the Sonic way or with your own unique style)
5. Enjoying the processes and moments of teaching
- Degree Required
- Native level English speaker preferred
1. Must be a citizen from the USA, the UK, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa (visa requirement)
2. Bachelor's Degree (This will need to be notarized)
3. TEFL certification (We can help you get this as there's a center here in Wuhan, but the online portion must be completed before our center can issue an invitation letter to you. The in-person portion will be completed upon arrival in Wuhan)
4. Able to provide a background check (This will need to be notarized, too)
5. Ready to live abroad for at least 1 year
Salary and Benefits
* 19,000 RMB - 22,000 RMB / month
* 15,000 - 18,000 RMB / month base salary (depending on experience and ability)
* Additional 125 RMB / hour if teaching more than 22 hours / week (in July, teachers teach more and make more)
1. Beautiful company housing with free utilities (electricity, water, gas, WiFi) or housing stipend
2. 8000 RMB at end of 12 month contract
3. 2000 RMB for Chinese New Year
4. Health insurance
5. Legal Z Visa (work visa), paid residence permit, paid foreigner's work permit card
6. Airport pickup and assistance getting situated
7. Constant support throughout the year from local staff and foreign management
8. Free meals depending on working times
9. Company dinners / celebrations / gatherings / outings (optional)
* (in 2018, we trekked through a desert in Inner Mongolia, spent a weekend at a Hot Spring, had numerous large dinners, and had local outings like KTVs, go-karts, and parties)
10. Residence permit renewal fees covered
11. Company usually does block scheduling with classes
12. High-quality training
13. Talented assistant Chinese teachers in every class
14. Performance incentives and bonuses
15. Yearly raises
16. Great pre-made curriculum & lessons that teachers prefer
17. Room for growth and promotions as additional Sonic centers open throughout Wuhan
18. Amazing company team and company culture (you have to experience it to understand)
* Wuhan is vastly cheaper than cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Shenzhen and still has nearly everything those cities have. This means that your money goes much further here and it's easy to save for amazing holidays. So why does a job in Wuhan pay similarly to many jobs in Shanghai when Wuhan is much cheaper? It's because Wuhan has high demand and less foreign teachers causing a push up in salaries being equal to Shanghai. Knowing this information, Wuhan is easily a great choice and Sonic would be happy to tell you much more about this city.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Take a Cambridge CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL course with Cactus and get a guaranteed interview. Choose from teaching positions in the UK, Spain and China, among others!Click to find out more.
TEFL Worldwide offers the Internationally Recognized and Accredited 4-week TEFL Course in Prague! Lifetime job assistance provided worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries! Highly rated by language schools and graduates.Click to find out more.
We have over 20 years’ experience delivering full-time and part-time CELTA courses and have a 98% pass rate.Click to find out more.
Our highly rated, accredited courses will help you access 1,000s of international and online teaching opportunities. Learn how to teach TEFL and book your course today.Click to find out more.
Build up your classroom confidence: assessed teaching practice, individual help, support and professional feedback by experienced Cambridge CELTA tutors. Very high pass rate. Register now and get EARLY BIRD discount. Special package with accommodation included.Click to find out more.
Accredited Course, Live Teaching Practice, Full Board & Accommodation in Beautiful Hotels included. Over 800 Graduates a Year. 200 Scholarships still Available! Apply and Save NowClick to find out more.