SBC Course Director
- United Kingdom: Oxford, Bournemouth.
- Summer Boarding Courses Ltd
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 2
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Staff receive competitive pay, extensive training and work in a supportive environment at one of our British Council Accredited residential summer courses in Oxford and Bournemouth.
SBC is the first and only multicentre summer school provider to be awarded 15 out of 15 areas of strength in a full inspection, thereby confirming us as one of the foremost course providers in the UK.
Details of Position
Course Directors are responsible for the overall delivery of their summer school programme. They understand the exceptional leadership qualities and professional skills required to support students, staff and host venue to deliver a leading residential young learner summer course.
The successful candidate will have considerable summer school experience in a residential environment, excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to adapt management styles to effectively support individual staff members and students with all aspects of Summer School life
• Overall responsibility for all aspects of the summer school
• Be responsible for the wellbeing of students and staff at all times
• Daily point of contact for the host school or university, ensuring a continuation of the excellent working relationship
• Have a close working relationship with the SBC senior managers, ensuring regular and effective communication on all course matters
• Work closely with other managers in the course team, building a cohesive, positive and effective team
• Attend SBCs management training retreat
• Oversee arrival and set up, liaising with the host school
• Effectively induct all non-management staff following SBCs induction week programme
• Oversee student arrivals at the school, welcoming families and managing staff
• Complete and record weekly bed lists, rotas and meal numbers
• Oversee and record daily staff meetings and chair weekly student meetings
• Communicate in a positive and professional manner with parents/guardians
• Liaise with the SBC Head Office about all matters related to staff payroll
• Be an approachable managerial presence
STAFF MANAGEMENT DUTIES:
• Work towards creating a positive and cohesive staff team
• Have a full understanding of the daily schedule and staff roles, responsibilities and performance
• Conduct individual staff appraisals, mutually identifying areas for improvement to provide practical support
• Where necessary, ensure that suitable arrangements are made to facilitate group leaders integration into the Summer School
STUDENT MANAGEMENT DUTIES:
• Build a positive and welcoming community at the summer course
• Deliver student welcome talks
• If required, deal with any student or staff disciplinary issues supported by SBC roaming managers
• Take Level 2 Safeguarding Course and be one of the Designated Safeguarding Officer (DSO) if required
• Liaising with the Transfer Manager to ensure staff are prepared for transfers
• Ensure that all paperwork in the Centre File, British Council File and individual House Files are recorded correctly
• Oversee the pack up of the course and handover of the school campus to the host school, including the course stock and inventory to SBC Head Office
• Previous residential summer course managerial experience
• Experience of, and genuine enjoyment of, working with young people
• Strong communication skills, ability to work under pressure, flexibility
• Ability to take control of and a positively lead a staff team
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• TEFLQ an advantage but not necessary
Salary and Benefits
Please note contract dates will vary slightly based on the individual contract.
Management training: 3 days, week commencing 24th June 2019
Contract dates will commence the first or second week of July and run for the course duration
Due to the nature of the role, the Summer School Director will work six days out of seven.
Remuneration: From £1000 per week, depending on experience
SBC has an excellent annual staff returner rate - 83% of our 2018 Management Team having worked for us previously as Managers, Teachers, Activity Leaders, College Mentors and House Parents. This, as well as significant training for all staff, ensures that our staff and students are fully supported and empowered to create a positive and mutually beneficial environment.
WAYS IN WHICH WE SUPPORT OUR MANAGERS:
• Fully paid DBS check
• Experienced and supportive Head Office team
• Paid Pre-summer Management training
• Online safeguarding and working with international children training
• Extensive on-site training for their staff team prior to student arrival
• Professional, fun and supportive environment
SHOULD YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
• Any gaps in your CV will be enquired about and must be explained satisfactorily
• You will provide the details of two recent and relevant referees who we will contact
• You will be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS), and equivalent if living outside the UK
Summer Boarding Courses is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We have a comprehensive Child Protection Policy and procedures in place which all employees, volunteers and contractors are expected to adhere to.
**Please note we can only consider applicants who are already eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
Summer Boarding Courses Ltd
More Company Information
Click here to visit the
Summer Boarding Courses Ltd website
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Build up your classroom confidence: assessed teaching practice, individual help, support and professional feedback by experienced Cambridge CELTA tutors. Very high pass rate. Register now and get EARLY BIRD discount. Special package with accommodation included.Click to find out more.
Accredited Course, Live Teaching Practice, Full Board & Accommodation in Beautiful Hotels included. Over 800 Graduates a Year. 200 Scholarships still Available! Apply and Save NowClick to find out more.
The only Trinity CertTESOL in Thailand. Certified and recognised worldwide. Beautiful location. Small groups.Teaching practice in real schools. Meals and accommodation included. Job Placement available on course completion.Click to find out more.
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel! Choose ITTO TEFL - TESOL Programs!Click to find out more.
Certificate & Master Diploma Courses. Courses include: Teaching Young Learners, One-to-One, Business English, Grammar Awareness and Teaching English Online. Full Tutor Support and Employment Assistance.Click to find out more.
Modern, internationally accredited course with dedicated trainers and staff supporting you from start to finish. Job guarantee, housing and visa support, extensive resources, prime location, small class size.Click to find out more.