- Deadline: Sat 27 Oct 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- United Kingdom: Leeds.
- The Leeds School of English
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Interviews will be offered to shortlisted candidates on an ongoing basis.
Details of Position
You will be required to teach on our General English and IELTS preparation courses, as well as deliver one-to-one lessons as per the weekly rota.
The purpose of role is to promote the development of students English language skills by planning and delivering EFL lessons, providing tutorials, supervision and similar services in accordance with The Schools curricula and schemes of work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Planning, Teaching and Materials Preparation
- To deliver EFL lessons on The Schools language courses, as per the weekly rota;
- To prepare a weekly plan of teaching, and plan lessons accordingly;
- To contribute to The Schools teaching resources by preparing supplementary materials as deemed necessary or requested, preserving and sharing them with the academic team for future use;
- To use the designated e-learning platform for setting and monitoring student work beyond the classes.
- To plan and implement regular progress testing of students, according to the curriculum and the needs of students;
- To assist the Academic Manager with the level testing of new students;
- To record students progress and complete academic reports as requested by the Academic Manager.
Monitoring Students' Progress
- To regularly provide tutorial sessions for setting new goals for students and helping them reflect on their progress;
- To confer with other members of the academic team on students progress as appropriate;
- To report any need or request for level changes to the Academic Manager.
- To invigilate mock exam sessions as per the weekly rota;
- To facilitate communication as part of the daily lunchtime chat sessions as per the weekly rota;
- To accompany students on excursions and other free time activities, supervise them and ensure that the language skills development goals set for these sessions are met. Such occasions are allocated to teachers on a voluntary basis only.
- To ensure all weekly lesson logs, registers and further documents are completed fully and filed or submitted on time as appropriate;
- To attend weekly meetings of the academic team.
Continuing Professional Development
- To actively seek opportunities for professional development;
- To teach reflectively, observe peer teachers and be open to being observed teaching by others
- To attend weekly and monthly internal CPD workshops;
- To attend external CPD sessions such as conferences and webinars on a regular basis.
- To be familiar with and ensure the implementation of all school policies, with special attention to the Health and Safety, Equality and Diversity, and Safeguarding Policies.
- First degree (Level 6)
- TEFLI qualification recognised by the British Council (CELTA or Trinity Cert. TESOL)
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to inspire students by enthusiasm in teaching
- Ability to build and maintain good rapport with students
- Ability to work as part of an academic team
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development
- Excellent IT skills with experience in delivering e-learning
Salary and Benefits
The Leeds School of English
More Company Information
We are a small, independent English Language school in Leeds, offering General English, Academic English and IELTS Preparation courses. We are committed to offering high quality classes, where the focus is on the learner and their needs.
Click here to visit the
The Leeds School of English website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
The only Trinity CertTESOL in Thailand. Certified and recognised worldwide. Beautiful location. Small groups.Teaching practice in real schools. Meals and accommodation included. Job Placement available on course completion.Click to find out more.
Modern, internationally accredited course with dedicated trainers and staff supporting you from start to finish. Job guarantee, housing and visa support, extensive resources, prime location, small class size.Click to find out more.
Take a Cambridge CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL course with Cactus and get a guaranteed interview. Choose from teaching positions in the UK, Spain and China, among others!Click to find out more.
Join our highly-rated, accredited course. Hands-on practice teaching with adults & children. TEFL-ize yourself with TEFL International Prague and acknowledge the advantages of small courses at a large family-run language school.Click to find out more.
Certificate & Master Diploma Courses. Courses include: Teaching Young Learners, One-to-One, Business English, Grammar Awareness and Teaching English Online. Full Tutor Support and Employment Assistance.Click to find out more.