Teach Online with Regular, Fixed Schedule & Guaranteed Pay
- Online English: Online.
- First Future Education
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 50
- Freelance Position
Details of Position
We are currently recruiting online English teachers. No online teaching experience is needed. Our expert team will train you in everything needed to master this job. We are looking for people who enjoy a good conversation and can communicate well with both children and adults. The main prerequisite for this position is for teachers to enjoy their time teaching, and be animated and engaging with their students, while guiding them through the lesson material.
You will be teaching an individual student, or groups of up to six, in a virtual classroom (VC). All lesson content is provided in the form of a PDF file, so there is little preparation required. A standard lesson would include going through pre-taught vocabulary - to focus on pronunciation, understanding and the ability to use independently - and supporting your students to gain confidence in speaking. Student feedback can be completed during lesson time, so there is no additional admin time required.
You will be working on a fixed schedule. This means that you have guaranteed hours and a guaranteed minimum income. For example, if your project was for weekday evenings, 6 - 9 p.m., then, as an absolute minimum, you would be paid your base rate for 15 hours each week. At First Future, you are paid in full even if a lesson hasn't been booked during your shift, or if students don't show up. Average pay is $17 for 45 minutes.
In addition to your fixed schedule, you can also register for additional flexi-classes to boost your income. You can add / change your availability for flexi-classes yourself daily.
We work with over 1000 organizations, so specifics vary. On average, group lessons are for 45 minutes, so there is one lesson per hourly time slot, with a 15-minute break. 1-on-1 lessons are 25 minutes on average, so there would be two lessons per hourly time slot.
- At least 12 months' relevant teaching experience, either online or classroom-based
- A degree and a TEFL certificate are preferred
- TEFL certificate not required for teachers with 2+ years' experience
- Degree not required for teachers with CELTA or Trinity Cert. TESOL. We may also take other academic pathways into account in place of a full degree
- Fixed-cable internet connection (i.e ethernet) of more than 5 Mbps download & 2 Mbps upload ... the work cannot be performed with a Wi-Fi connection
- Laptop or desktop PC ... the work cannot be performed on a tablet or phone
- High-quality USB headset and webcam
- You must be available to start on a fixed project within 2 4 weeks of applying
- You must be able to work in a quiet place, with a suitable background - either completely clear, or with images relevant to teaching English
- Clear speaking voice, with no strong regional accent that students may find difficult
- Able to come across as lively and friendly on camera
- Happy to teach a mix of children, adults, 1-on-1 and group classes
TO APPLY: Visit our website and follow the instructions on the APPLY NOW page.
Salary and Benefits
First Future Education
More Company Information
First Future is a pioneer of online teaching cloud platforms, helping organizations build online English language teaching projects, and improving the English curriculum system. We are dedicated to providing quality educational content, online class technology and teachers. We have more than 600 cooperative organizations, in 26 Chinese provinces, 180 cities, around 6000 campuses, and covering 1 million students.
Click here to visit the
First Future Education website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
TEFL Worldwide offers the Internationally Recognized and Accredited 4-week TEFL Course in Prague! Lifetime job assistance provided worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries! Highly rated by language schools and graduates.Click to find out more.
3-4 month internationally recognized and accredited course at The Global English Teaching Academy including a minimum of 300 hours of Teaching Practice with our expert Course Tutors.Click to find out more.
We have over 20 years’ experience delivering full-time and part-time CELTA courses and have a 98% pass rate.Click to find out more.
Our highly rated, accredited courses will help you access 1,000s of international and online teaching opportunities. Learn how to teach TEFL and book your course today.Click to find out more.
Build up your classroom confidence: assessed teaching practice, individual help, support and professional feedback by experienced Cambridge CELTA tutors. Very high pass rate. Register now and get EARLY BIRD discount. Special package with accommodation included.Click to find out more.
Accredited Course, Live Teaching Practice, Full Board & Accommodation in Beautiful Hotels included. Over 800 Graduates a Year. 200 Scholarships still Available! Apply and Save NowClick to find out more.