Full-TIme Senior Teacher at Leading Language Centre in Hanoi - Immediate Start
- Vietnam: Hanoi.
- Language Link Vietnam
- Experience: 3 YEARS
- Positions: 2
- Degree Required
We are currently recruiting for Full-Time Deputy ACs at both our flagship language centre and our brand new facility in Hanoi.
This represents a great opportunity to develop professionally whilst enjoying the great lifestyle Hanoi has to offer.
We offer competitive rates, a great package - including full visa and Work Permit sponsorship - and on-going development and career guidance.
Details of Position
With 40 years experience of global experience, and 20 years experience in Vietnam, Language Link is the foremost company in the ESL industry. We foster a proactive learning experience for our learners and a sense of community for our teachers.
Our programs cater for all learners, from Very Young Learners through Teens and Adults, with most of our students being Young Learners (age 6-10).
When teaching, you will be provided with a range of materials from texts, flashcards to props and realia for you to use in your classes. Our teachers are encouraged to share ideas and provide support to each other, so we also provide tech solutions to help keep them organised and connected with each other, as well as vast online library of teaching resources.
- The Deputy AC reports to the Academic Coordinator (AC)
- 40 hours per week. The schedule will be at the discretion of the AC based on needs and be one of the following:
Thursday-Monday inclusive. Days off will be Tuesday and Wednesday. Hours will be formally agreed with the AC based on centre requirements but will approximate to the following:
o Thursday 11:00-20:00
o Friday 11:00-20:00
o Saturday 10:00-18:00
o Sunday 08:00-17:00
o Monday 11:00-20:00
* 1 hour lunch break per day
Sunday - Thursday inclusive. Days off will be Friday and Saturday. Hours will be formally agreed with the AC based on centre requirements but will approximate to the following:
o Sunday 08:00-17:00
o Monday - Thursday 11:00-20:00
* 1 hour lunch break per day
- Minimum 28 scheduled teaching hours per month based on AC discretion
- Any teaching hours above 28 per month will be paid at an hourly rate and be deducted from the total number of hours (160) that the Deputy AC is scheduled to work
- Remaining hours will comprise Deputy AC duties (see below)
Standard Teaching Responsibilities
- Teaching the provided syllabus using ESL methods
- Creating and administering engaging speaking activities
- Administering mid-term and final tests
- Participating in monthly training workshops and meetings
- Attending parent-teacher meetings annually
- Regular communication with our office
- Participating in retention activities (Halloween, Christmas etc.)
Deputy AC Responsibilities
In addition to contact hours, the Deputy AC is responsible for providing assistance with non-teaching duties, of which the main areas are outlined below. These duties reflect a general responsibility for the overview and improvement of the School [including e.g. exams, pacing guides & resources as appropriate]. These responsibilities are to be conducted in coordination with and under the direction of the Academic Coordinator (AC).
- Answer basic questions about lesson planning, classroom management strategies, supplementary materials etc
- Direct teachers to resources, such as pacing guides, CDs, supplementary resources, etc.
- Answer questions about Parent Meetings, tests, first classes and last classes
- Show teachers how to input data into spreadsheets
- Answer protocol questions regarding PT
- Be familiar with LLV polices and able to answer basic questions or refer teachers to the appropriate person
- Connect teachers with appropriate staff member for disciplinary issues with students
- Help organize and maintain Teachers Room resources
- Contribute to development projects as necessary
- Contact DOS/AC in emergencies
- Perform emergency cover if necessary
- Assist the AC with inductions and training of new staff as required as well as ongoing teacher training
- Perform regular informal, development observations as well as formal observations for teacher performance review purposes
- Conduct Sharing Sessions and Workshops when requested by AC
- Material design for ECA activities when/if required
- Cover for the AC at meetings as needed
- CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL. Other TEFL certificates may be considered*
- A YL extension (TYLEC, CELTYL, IHCYLT)
- A BA/BSc degree in an academic subject*
- A clean Police Clearance Check
- Must be a native English speaker or equivalent with evidence of high proficiency
- Verifiable references
* Online only TEFL certifications will not be accepted. You must have a TEFL with teaching practicum as part of the course
- DELTA or equivalent
- Middle-management experience
Salary and Benefits
- Salary range from 45 million VND/month based on qualifications and experience
- End-of-contract bonus (10,500,000 VND)
- Taxi card/travel allowance
- Development budget for training (to be agreed with manager)
- Visa-Run flight reimbursement for Local Hires of up to 4,200,000 VND (payable after completing Probation) and Initial Entry flight for Overseas Hires up to 12,600,000 VND (payable on contract completion)
- Airport pickup and 10 days and initial hotel accommodation for Overseas Hires of approx. 4,200,000 VND
- Severance payment - half month per year of service
- Paid Annual Leave and Sick Leave (up to 19 days)
- Vietnamese National Holidays, Christmas Day and International New Years Day (approx 11 days per calendar year)
- Issuance of Vietnamese State Medical card
- Full In-Patient, Partial Out-Patient, Evacuation and Repatriation Medical Insurance for which LLV pays of the annual premium
- Visa and Work Permit sponsorship fully provided and paid for by LLV (except for document authentication)
- Direct deposit for payroll on the same day each month
- Assistance in setting up a local bank account with an international bank
- Welfare team support, with 24/7 emergency assistance
- Intensive induction program
- Professional development opportunities (e.g. teacher mentoring, workshop design and delivery)
- Self-study materials for ongoing development
Language Link Vietnam
More Company Information
Language Link Vietnam is an international teaching group with its headquarters in London and more than 120 centres worldwide. Language Link Vietnam was established in 1996 to train students in General English, Business English, the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and the Cambridge examinations. It also offers highly effective language and skills training for the corporate sector.
Click here to visit the
Language Link Vietnam website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Take a Cambridge CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL course with Cactus and get a guaranteed interview. Choose from teaching positions in the UK, Spain and China, among others!Click to find out more.
Join our highly-rated, accredited course. Hands-on practice teaching with adults & children. TEFL-ize yourself with TEFL International Prague and acknowledge the advantages of small courses at a large family-run language school.Click to find out more.
Certificate & Master Diploma Courses. Courses include: Teaching Young Learners, One-to-One, Business English, Grammar Awareness and Teaching English Online. Full Tutor Support and Employment Assistance.Click to find out more.
TEFL Worldwide offers the Internationally Recognized and Accredited 4-week TEFL Course in Prague! Lifetime job assistance provided worldwide. Our graduates are teaching in 60+ countries! Highly rated by language schools and graduates.Click to find out more.