Teach English in Spain - Immediate Start
- Deadline: Mon 08 Oct 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- Spain, Cities all over the country.
- Multilingual Education Development & Support
- Experience: NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Positions: 10
- Degree Required
Details of Position
-Deadline: ASAP or apply before September 30th to start in October
-Program length: October 2018 to June 2019
During one academic year, participants will teach 20 hours a week in one of the 200 schools Meddeas works with. They will also gain international experience and add transferable skills to their CV. Don't miss the opportunity to discover a new culture and language, paying no fees and with a guaranteed monthly grant, which is more than enough to live in Spain as a young professional.
-Monthly grant: 880-1,162 per month (enough to live in Spain as a young professional)
-Lodging options: independent housing or full board accommodation with a volunteer host family
-University course included (compulsory)
-More than 200 schools all over Spain
-Graduate programme for candidates with a degree in any subject. Advanced programme adapted to participants with TEFL/TESOL training.
"Meddeas has done an incredible job in my placement and in helping me throughout my journey whether it was answering my questions of certain things or helping me figure out my required documents. They have done a great job on following up and I truly felt like they cared about all of us Language Assistants", Christian T., former participant.
Don't miss out on our participants' testimonials on Meddeas Language Assistants' blog. Join us for news and updates on Facebook and Youtube.
The Role of a Language Assistant
During one academic year, participants will teach 20 hours a week in one of the 200 schools Meddeas works with. A Language Assistant is a native-level speaker of English, French or German, who supports the schools' language teachers and helps students with conversation practice. The tasks differ from the ones in a teaching assistant role and include encouraging oral practice of the foreign language; explaining the culture of their home country; helping in other subjects such as science, art, P.E.; acting as a role model for correct pronunciation and grammar; and collaborating with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning lessons.
After teaching English abroad, Language Assistants add transferable skills to their CVs, such as public speaking, language skills, creativity, team working, topic preparation, patience, maturity, autonomy, and cultural awareness.
- Recent graduates (last four years)
- Previous teaching experience will be valued
- Someone who enjoys working with children and/or young people
- Energetic and creative
- Competence in the Spanish language is not required
- No criminal records
Salary and Benefits
- Certified course given by a Spanish university and paid by the programme
- Guaranteed monthly allowance, more than enough to live in Spain as a young professional
- Health insurance covered by the programme (EU citizens)
- Help opening a bank account
- Programme run by a serious and professional organisation
- Ongoing in-country support from the schools' tutor and from Meddeas
- Initial training and teaching workshops
- Certificate of completion at the end of the programme
- Children aged two to eighteen. Learners' English levels range from beginner to advanced
- Paid school holidays (except for the summer period)
- No fees attached
Multilingual Education Development & Support
More Company Information
Multilingual Education Development and Support (Meddeas) is a leading organization specialized in giving support services to Spanish bilingual schools, providing consultancy, selecting language teachers and managing language assistant programs
Click here to visit the
Multilingual Education Development & Support website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?