NATIVE-LEVEL ENGLISH TEACHERS REQUIRED
- Spain, Granollers, nr Barcelona, Spain.
- Cambridge School
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 4
Details of Position
All our schools have fully-equipped classrooms with interactive whiteboards, fibre-optic internet connection and access to our bank of supplementary material and resources.
Our schools offer a supportive, friendly work environment. All our new teachers are assigned a mentor to help them adapt to our systems and procedures. We provide ongoing professional training through seminars and observations which can help teachers further develop their skills. Our teaching staff of over 90 welcome new colleagues and provide the opportunity to make new friends quickly. We also offer subsidised Spanish classes for teachers.
The Vallès Oriental is situated between Barcelona (a 30min train journey away), the Montseny mountain range (also 30mins by train) and Mataro beach (30mins by bus). Most of our teachers live in Granollers, the regional capital, which has a population of around 60,000. Granollers has cinemas, gyms, parks and lots of great places to eat, drink and socialise.
Our academic year runs from 14th September to 20th June and our summer courses run from 25th June to 26th July. As a large and growing school we have new positions opening up and welcome applications throughout the year.
- Teachers with native-level competence and pronunciation ONLY
- CELTA or Trinity CertTesol ONLY
- Full, clean driving licence and willingness to drive essential
- To live locally, in Granollers
Salary and Benefits
- The guaranteed minimum salary for a new teacher is 13,963.49 euros gross for 725hrs teaching between 14th Sept and 20th June (this works out at around 20hrs per week). This is based on an hourly rate of 19.26 euros. The annual salary is divided up as follows: 765.53 in September (we start on the 14th), 1,350.93 per month from October to May, 900.62 in June (we finish on the 20th), plus an extra payment of 1,489.90 at the end of the contract in June. Teachers who work more than the 725hrs guaranteed minimum, earn extra hours over and above the guaranteed minimum salary.
- Teachers who work on our 5-week summer course (the last week of June and first four weeks of July) earn an additional 1,540.80 or more.
Holidays and benefits
-We have two weeks' holiday for Christmas and one week for Easter plus at least seven bank holidays during the year.
-Mentoring and full professional training and development programme.
-Help with finding accommodation, getting a Spanish residency number, social security number, registering with a GP and opening a bank account.
-Private health insurance for work-related conditions and full, free access to the Spanish health service for any other illnesses.
-Summer school work and the possibility of contract renewal for 2019-20 and beyond.
More Company Information
We have 9 high-quality language schools in the Vallès Oriental region near Barcelona. We have an excellent reputation and are one of the largest and fastest growing groups of schools in the region. As well as being a CELTA and DELTA training centre, we have a comprehensive teacher development programme. We also offer excellent pay and conditions and a freindly working environment to all our staff and career development opportunities for experienced teachers
Click here to visit the
Cambridge School website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
4-week TEFL Courses and Guaranteed Job Placement in Czech Republic, Argentina, Mexico, Costa Rica and China!
Teach English as a Foreign Language after your 4 week TEFL course. Choose from 20+ locations: See special savings! Choose ITTO TEFL - TESOL Programs!Click to find out more.