Brighton SUMMER TEACHERS: LSI Brighton 13-17 August
- Deadline: Sat 11 Aug 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- United Kingdom, Brighton.
- LSI Brighton
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 2
- Short Term/Summer job
- Attending training prior to employment (fully paid)
- Planning, preparation and providing quality language teaching to adults and young learners at a variety of levels
- Familiarising yourself with LSI resources and materials and preparation of lessons
- Undertaking academic administration
- Carrying out the schools safeguarding and welfare policies
Details of Position
LSI Brighton's medium sized summer operation is the perfect place to gain or consolidate experience so if you are a recent CELTA graduate or an experienced EFL teacher, working at LSI is a fantastic opportunity.
Operating from 3 buildings all within 10 minutes walk of each other we offer courses to both juniors and adults during the summer with up to 280 students and a teaching team of up to 25 teachers. As a medium sized centre we offer excellent support and mentoring to our teachers from our Academic manager and senior teachers, as well as our established administrative team.
At LSI we believe in using communicative approaches to teaching and place emphasis on applied language practice. We welcome applications from enthusiastic candidates who would enjoy teaching lively classes to international young learners. Our junior students are aged between 12-17 with the average age in the upper teens, and our adult classes are generally 18+.
- Support of our Academic Manager and Senior teacher team
- Experienced local, year round admin team
- Regular in house CPD
- Regular local CPD from the local Teachers association
Benefits of working for LSI:
- Potential work at other times of the year in our year round school which teaches adults and closed groups all year
- A reference from an established global brand
LSI is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As part of our Safer Recruitment Policy you will be asked to explain any gaps in your work and education history. You will also be required to undergo a DBS Enhanced Disclosure check and provide the contact details of at least 2 referees, who will be asked specifically if they have any concerns about your suitability to work with people under 18. Evidence of eligibility to work in the UK must be provided at interview stage.
- A CELTA/Trinity Cert TESOL (certain other qualifications will be accepted provided
they meet specific requirements)
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK, a valid UK bank account and National Insurance number
- An undergraduate/university degree
- Previous UK summer school experience
- Experience teaching/working with young learners
- Knowledge/experience of the Trinity GESE exam (Oxford only)
Salary and Benefits
More Company Information
LSI is one of Brighton and Hove's largest language schools operating from 2 buildings located just on the edge of the city centre and right next to the residential area where our homestay is located. We have between 60 and 300 students depending on the season and the school has an excellent mix of students from many different countries studying with us – 40% are normally from Europe, 15% from Asia, 35% from Latin America and 10% from other countries and areas of the world.
Click here to visit the
LSI Brighton website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
4-week TEFL Courses and Guaranteed Job Placement in Czech Republic, Argentina, Mexico, Costa Rica and China!
Teach English as a Foreign Language after your 4 week TEFL course. Choose from 20+ locations: See special savings! Choose ITTO TEFL - TESOL Programs!Click to find out more.