Work in France in September and October at American Village Camps
- Deadline: Wed 15 Aug 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- France, France.
- Nacel - American Village
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 40
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Ensuring the safety and well-being of the campers under your care
Teach up to 2 hours of English classes. Working at American Village Camps is a good first ESL job, it is a childcare position that also gives you experience putting into place the techniques you learned in CELTA, TEFL or TESL training.
The full job description is available on our recruitment website.
Details of Position
We are currently hiring for the following positions
o September 19 - October 27, 2018
o September 19 - October 19, 2018
o September 26 - October 19, 2018
Salary : 1170 euros per month. Meals and housing are paid for by the employer.
Location : One of our language villages in France. Exact location announced after hire.
American Village Camps seek energetic, creative, initiative-takers who are native level English speakers & love working with children. Weve been running English immersion camps in France since 1994! Our English Language Counselors live at our immersion camps, scattered in the countryside across France. Housing and meals are paid for by the employer.
- Be a team player, be organized, and be able to disconnect from technology during working hours (no smartphones while with the kids).
- Be kind, caring and friendly : a people-person!
- Be capable of organizing activities : sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games, etc.
- Be excited about performing in skits, telling stories, leading songs & cheers, etc.
- Be creative and excited about brainstorming theme activities and skits.
- Be receptive to learning about our approach to teaching English, and implementing it in the classroom!
We only seek Language Counselors who are native level English speakers.
- Required experience : camp counseling, childcare, &/or teaching experience
- Clear criminal history
- 20 years old is the minimum age requirement for foreign counselors. A typical applicant is between 20 and 35 years old.
- High school diploma from a high school in an Anglophone country & correct grammar and spelling on application.
- First-hand knowledge of North American culture
A PROFESSIONAL REFERENCE LETTER OR FORM IS REQUIRED WITH THE APPLICATION. You can download our reference form on our recruitment website. We do not review incomplete applications.
Salary and Benefits
- A salary for all days worked : 1170 Euros / month .
- Shared dorm-style housing with other counselors, bedding included.
- Meals included.
- Free laundry services are available at least once a week.
- No fees associated with the obtainment of your temporary work permit (North Americans).
- Absolutely no application fee to apply to this job.
- All counselors may request a 50 defrayal of train travel to their village.
- Accident insurance while working for work-related injuries.
- We have multiple camps running simultaneously across France. Nacel pays for any work-related transportation costs if the counselor changes camps.
France is the number one tourist destination in the world. While our counselors live and work on-location (at camp), they generally use their time before or after their employment to discover France - its traditions, cuisine, landscapes, language and people. Our teams can be quite multi-cultural and friendships are easily made in a camp setting. Working with children is a rewarding experience and also, a lot of fun!
Nacel - American Village
More Company Information
American Village Camps are owned and managed by Nacel, and belong to the Go&Live corporate group. The Go&Live group promotes learning through active participation, cultural exchange and linguistic immersion. American Village camps were created in 1993. They are for French children, 7 to 17 years old. Our English-immersion camps create a positive environment where it is fun, natural & necessary to use English. The majority of our camps are American-themed. We have some British-themed camps, too!
Click here to visit the
Nacel - American Village website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Modern, internationally accredited course with dedicated trainers and staff supporting you from start to finish. Job guarantee, housing and visa support, extensive resources, prime location, small class size.Click to find out more.