TEACH ENGLISH IN SPAIN: PUBLIC SCHOOLS IN MADRID
- Deadline: Sat 04 Aug 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- Spain, Madrid
- ConversaSpain (Meddeas ESB71078950)
- Experience: NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Positions: 14
- Degree Required
Details of Position
- DEADLINE: July 18th!
- Program length: January 7th to June 28th
The relation with the schools and the placements are fully managed by the local government. The program provides participants with support moving to Spain, initial training, and advice on every day practical non-school-related matters. The conditions are:
- 16 teaching hours per week
- 4 consecutive teaching days
- Euros 1,000 monthly stipend
- Mostly rural and pueblo locations, but also in the city
- Basic: 1,050
"I would recommend the experience with ConversaSpain as it was great to have a guaranteed placement and the support before coming to Spain was very helpful. I chose the immersion week option and was very happy. It gave me a good introduction to some of the main sites of Madrid, but more importantly allowed me to meet some other people in our program who I have remained friends with in my time here", Grant H., participant in Madrid.
THE ROLE OF A LANGUAGE AND CULTURAL AMBASSADOR IN SPAIN
Participants could deliver conversational English lessons to students or staff, encourage oral practice in English, explain the culture of their own country, help in other subjects (such as science, art, P.E., history, or music), assist with pronunciation and grammar, prepare students for oral exams, and collaborate with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning lessons. The specific activities and tasks depend on the school.
Language Assistants in Public Schools help teach English to Elementary, Middle and High School students. This is a supportive role, thus they arent in charge of entire classes and arent responsible for grading or discipline.
Assignment: Selected candidates will receive the details of their specific school placement 10 days before starting at the school. Age-group preferences are considered whenever possible (we cannot guarantee specific placement preferences).
- Be native-level English speakers
- Be citizens of a country where English is the official language
- Hold a university degree in any subject
- Some experience will be valued but not require
Salary and Benefits
- The timetable will consist of 16 hours of teaching per week over 4 consecutive days
- The monthly stipend is 1,000 euros
- Job placement ensured (rural or pueblo location in the Madrid area)
- Pre-departure assistance: help with the visa application process and opening a bank account before arriving
- Welcome Document: tips, advice, and practical tools to find permanent accommodation, among others
- Help with the police registration process
- Health insurance (EU citizens living in Europe)
- Orientation in Madrid: initial training and meeting with other participants
- Access to a multimedia platform with lessons, resources, and information
- ConversaSpain emergency support while in Spain
- Certificate of completion at the end of the program (issued by the Regional Education Authority)
- Paid school holidays (Christmas, Easter, and local festivities), except for the summer period
- Activities will be held under the supervision and guidance of school teachers
ConversaSpain (Meddeas ESB71078950)
More Company Information
ConversaSpain is a Spanish organization that cooperates with more than 150 public schools in different regions in Spain. It offers inspiring, challenging and rewarding opportunities to potential English language assistants from all over the world who want to teach English in Spain. With ConversaSpain, native English speakers can teach English in Spain as language and cultural ambassadors in public schools in Madrid or Murcia.
Click here to visit the
ConversaSpain (Meddeas ESB71078950) website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel! Choose ITTO TEFL - TESOL Programs!Click to find out more.