1 YOUNG LEARNERS TEACHER, 1 TRAINEE DIRECTOR OF STUDIES
- Deadline: Sun 15 Jul 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- Spain, Ecija
- Tower Academia de Inglés
- Experience: NOT APPLICABLE
- Positions: 2
- Degree Required
There is also an opening for the middle-management position of Trainee Director of Studies.
We offer excellent benefits and career prospects, working alongside some outstanding teachers.
Come and experience Spanish life in the beautiful southern town of Ecija.
Details of Position
1. Young Learners Teacher
If you are a recent CELTA or TESOL graduate looking for experience youll have the opportunity to practise teaching 6 to 16 year olds from pre A1 to B2 levels. Full support and further training are provided through mentoring, observations and feedback, team teaching and joint planning.
If you are an experienced teacher and looking for a challenge, then please take advantage of our subsidised Cambridge courses and embark on a mentored professional development plan.
Teachers have their own bright, spacious, airy classroom. Tower students are grouped according to age and level, from 4 to 10 pupils in each class. A wide range of games, supplementary materials and digital resources are readily available.
2. Trainee Director of Studies
This is a unique, multi-faceted post offering excellent career prospects. Andaluca is buzzing with the English bug and the EFL sector is developing and changing at every turn. We are looking for a Director of Studies to join us in our 5-year growth plan and be responsible for running the 8 to 18 year-olds department.
In conjunction with some contact hours, your role is to support and guide your teaching colleagues in successful completion of the academic year programme while helping them achieve their professional development aims. This involves mentoring, teacher training and researching supplementary resources.
You will oversee students progress towards the Trinity GESE and Cambridge PET/FCE for Schools with the aid of digital platforms and on-site computer based mocks.
Full, in-house middle-management training is provided. According to the individual skills of each candidate, further subsidised external training and a tailored development plan is envisaged.
The legal Spanish contracts include a maximum of 25 contact hours for the Young Learners position and reduced contact hours for the Trainee Director of Studies post. Duties common to both are, class preparation, marking exams and homework, writing reports and administration plus attendance and participation in training sessions, meetings and added value social activities. These latter sessions are the delicious Friday activities of Coffee, Cake and Conversation, sociable Exchange Club or the popular PET and FCE Xtreme Hub - see Facebook page "Tower Ecija for more details.
Affiliations and Training providers:
Tower Academy is a CAMBRIDGE LEARNING PARTNER, and in affiliation with Loyola University of Cordoba, a PET/FCE Computer Based Examination Venue. TRINITY examination centre 3437 FECEI, (www.fecei.es) Federation of Language Schools in Spain and the local Andalusian equivalent ACEIA, (www.aceia.es). Both organisations promote professionalism and quality within the language teaching sector. CALAC, (www.calacschools.es) Central Andalusian Language Academies, a group of five well-established schools who share the unique experience of teaching English in small and medium-sized Andalusian towns. All the above organisations provide specialist training sessions throughout the academic year. All teachers are invited to attend. Tower has recently celebrated its 25th anniversary in Ecija. May there be many more happy years providing our service to the community!
- Degree Required
- Native level English speaker preferred
1. Undergraduate degree in any subject (those related to languages/ education are ideal).
2. Additional specialisation in EFL. A basic CELTA/TESOL or equivalent to a MINIMUM OF 120 HOURS and 8 hours observation with feedback. Other specialist qualifications or experience relevant to the middle-management positions.
3. Experience working with young children and teenagers.
4. EU member or holder of a valid work permit for the contract period.
5. Child Protection Certificate. (DBS equivalent).
6. English as first language or native level speaker.
Any of the following are considered assets:
1. Love teaching children.
2. A happy, healthy disposition with a willingness to help others.
3. Eager to develop and grow as a teacher, keen to train in a specialised area.
4. In class, confident and caring with good classroom management skills.
5. Responsible and communicative.
7. A good team member.
8. Take pride in appearance.
9. Enjoy Spanish culture.
10. Some knowledge of Spanish language.
Salary and Benefits
2. Cost of living is cheap, see below.
3. High-quality subsidised further training with view to enhanced career and salary prospects
4. Statutory holiday pay and two weeks at Christmas, one week at Easter, local and national Bank Holidays.
5. Entitlement to Spanish National Health system, medical cover and benefits.
6. End of contract bonus
7. We offer a fully binding legal contract and respect all local laws. We advise applicants to refer to ACEIA and Spainwise for help in understanding workers' rights in the TEFL industry in Andalusia: www. aceia. es (in Spanish) and www. spainwise. net (in English).
8. A Welcome Pack with information on travel and accommodation. Help with settling into life in Ecija.
9. The town has something for everyone, from culture to sport, flamenco to football. It's calm, relaxed and friendly. Rent costs between 280-380 Euros. Tapas start around 1.50 Euros and a small beer is 1 Euro. For an overview of our beautiful sunny town visit www.turismoecija.com
Tower Academia de Inglés
More Company Information
Tower Ecija represents 26 years of teaching English to children (and some adults too). Highly regarded in both the local community and the Andalusian EFL sector, our range is from nursery wiggle and giggle sessions through to official Cambridge and Trinity examinations. We are avid conference and training-day attendees, committed to professional development and activating student motivation. Ecija is a beautiful, friendly, inland town where you can immerse yourself in Spanish life.
Click here to visit the
Tower Academia de Inglés website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?