WORK IN FRANCE - SEPTEMBER START DATES (AMERICAN VILLAGE CAMPS)
- France, France
- Nacel - American Village
- Experience: NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Positions: 20
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
It gives you experience
- Implementing lesson plans (2 hrs of ESL class, daily)
- Using ESL games
- Working with beginners
- Practicing TPR
- Perfecting your communication skills
- Meeting other ESL teachers
- Getting international work experience
All the while having fun with games and activities in English.
For more seasoned ESL teachers, it is a good fit if you are ready to get out of the classroom and onto the playing field
Details of Position
Currently we are hiring for positions starting September 13 or September 19.
Salary : 1170 euros per month. Meals and housing are also included
Location : One of our language villages in France. Exact location announced after hire.
American Village Camps seek energetic, creative, initiative-takers who are native level English speakers & love working with children. Our camps run from February to October, annually. We have been running English immersion camps in France since 1994!
Our English Language Counselors live at our immersion camps, scattered in the countryside across France! They lead activities & English classes for French children between the ages of 8 & 17 years old. Counselors are responsible for the safety and well-being of the campers under their care.
Apply to this unique work experience in rural France, working on a multi-cultural team and meeting people from all over France as well as Anglophone countries across the globe - all while having fun with the campers under your care.
Counselor Start dates :
Our camps are open for 9 months straight. Counselor contracts vary between 4 and 6 weeks long. See the 2018 autumn start dates on our recruitment website.!
(Are you British? We also staff for British-themed English immersion camps! )
How to Apply
The application process and application tips are outlined on the American Village recruitment website. A professional reference is required. Access the online application on the American Village recruitment website.
- Required experience : camp counseling, childcare, &/or teaching experience
- Clear criminal history
- High school diploma from a high school in an Anglophone country & correct grammar and spelling on application.
- First-hand knowledge of North American culture
- Be a team player, be organized, and be able to disconnect from technology during working hours (no smartphones while with the kids).
- Be kind, caring and friendly : a people-person!
- Be capable of organizing activities : sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games, etc.
- Be excited about performing in skits, telling stories, leading songs & cheers, etc.
- Be creative and excited about brainstorming theme activities and skits.
- Be receptive to learning about our approach to teaching English, and implementing it in the classroom!
Salary and Benefits
- Shared dorm-style housing with other counselors, bedding included.
- Meals included.
- Free laundry services are available at least once a week.
- Absolutely no application fee to apply to this job.
- No fees associated with the obtainment of your temporary work permit.
- All counselors may request a 50euro defrayal of train travel to their village.
- Accident insurance while working for work-related injuries.
- Nacel will pay any work-related transportation costs if the counselor has to change work locations.
Nacel - American Village
More Company Information
American Village Camps are owned and managed by Nacel, and belong to the Go&Live corporate group. The Go&Live group promotes learning through active participation, cultural exchange and linguistic immersion. American Village camps were created in 1993. They are for French children, 7 to 17 years old. Our English-immersion camps create a positive environment where it is fun, natural & necessary to use English. The majority of our camps are American-themed. We have some British-themed camps, too!
Click here to visit the
Nacel - American Village website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Accredited Course, Live Teaching Practise, Full Board & Accommodation in Beautiful Hotels included. Over 800 Graduates a year. 250 Scholarships still Available! Apply and Save Now.Click to find out more.