Research Assistant/Associate - English Teacher at RWTH Language Center
- Deadline: Fri 29 Jun 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- Germany, Aachen
- Sprachenzentrum der RWTH Aachen
- Experience: NO PREFERENCE
- Positions: 2
- Freelance Position
- Degree Required
- teaching experience at all levels of the CEFR
- experience in using technology in the foreign language classroom in tertiary
- education (e.g. experience of using virtual learning environments)
- experience in course materials design
- experience in coaching language learners
Details of Position
The Language Center at RWTH Aachen University offers members of the university innovative and academic language courses in German as a Foreign Language and in 15 foreign languages. We are an intercultural and open-minded team. The teaching staff, which consists predominantly of native speakers, has three primary tasks: the enhancement of the international mobility of RWTH students in their academic studies and careers; the integration of international students and researchers from partner universities; and the development of practice-oriented courses that take into account the specialization in engineering and natural sciences of RWTH Aachen University in both research and teaching.
For further details, please contact
Dr. Petra Pointner
For further information, please visit our website (link below).
Please send your application by June 29, 2018 to
Sprachenzentrum der RWTH Aachen
You can also send your application via email. Please note, however, that communication via unencrypted e-mail poses a threat to confidentiality as it is potentially vulnerable to unauthorized access by third parties.
RWTH Aachen University is certified as a "Family-Friendly University". We particularly welcome and encourage applications from women, disabled persons and ethnic minority groups, recognizing they are underrepresented across RWTH Aachen University. The principles of fair and open competition apply and appointments will be made on merit.
- Masters degree in a relevant subject or equivalent qualification
- native or near-native English competence
- experience in teaching English in tertiary education to diverse target groups
(students, researchers, postgraduates, professors, administrative staff)
- intercultural competence, flexibility and ability to work in a team
- methodological and didactic skills and experience
- good working knowledge of German
Preparation, teaching and evaluation of skills-based language courses in English for Researchers, English for Administrative Staff, English for Academic Purposes, English for Special Purposes, as determined by the departmental head and in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Weekly teaching load of 25 teaching units (1 teaching unit is 45 minutes) per week (40 weeks
p.a.) as well as lesson preparation and marking of assignments
- Preparation and revision of lesson plans, further training and other duties (approx. 6 weeks
- Obligation to attend further training sessions and participate in quality management measures
(e.g. classroom observation)
- Assistance with the running and evaluation of placement tests
- Assistance with the design, running and correction of oral and written exams
- If necessary, design of customized course material with a corresponding reduction in teaching
The allocation of teaching duties will be determined by the head of the English department according to the candidates? areas of expertise.
Salary and Benefits
The position is permanent and is to be filled by October 01, 2018.
This is a full-time position.
The salary corresponds to level TV-L 13 of the German public service salary scale (TV-L).
Sprachenzentrum der RWTH Aachen
Click here to visit the
Sprachenzentrum der RWTH Aachen website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
4 week intensive courses with hands-on teaching practice, to gain the necessary skills for effective teaching. Support and professional feedback from our experienced Cambridge CELTA tutors. Reserve your place today!Click to find out more.